Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia asha 200

Prasant
Accepted Solution

Nokia asha 200

Hello! I hv recently bought a nokia asha 200.. I m quite happy wid it. Its a gud affordable phn and d echo doesn't bother me much.. I hv one problem though.. I m nt able to watch online videos on youtube... How can i watch 'em?? Plz help..
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Dear Prasant

I am happy your enjoying your ASHA as much as I am. But ASHA 200 doesnt come with wifi and watching a youtube flv file on GPRS or even EDGE will kill you data plan. My suggestion dont even try that.
Besides Asha 200 has no FLash player support. So its not possible to do that.

Hope this helps you out.
Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Prasant

Ohk... M enjoying it... Though not able to watch online videos is a buzzkill.. I used to watch videos on youtube wid my cheap nokia 2690.. Well we cant get everythng....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jpeevi

sorry man Nokia asha 200 does not support streaming.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

@prasant

Try this.

Use opera mini browser,
Goto Youtube.com.
You'll be redirected to m.Youtube.com.

Now just click on any videos and it connects to your video player and it starts to stream the YouTube video.

Make sure that you have activated free data plan.

Hope this helps

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
roguecroce

No it does not. Don't you get it yet? It's not a software issues it's a hardware issue. The Asha 200/01 OS will not stream video because the hardware installed won't let him. If this poster follows your so called advice, all that will happen is that he'll end up with a white screen with start stream written in the top left hand part of the Nokia screen. If he clicks on that the phone with throw up an error tell him of 'Unknown Response' Stop all these Chinese whispers. Streaming on an Asha 200/01 WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
svknet

Hi Asha 200 users, does Asha 200 have inbuilt Call Blacklist or Call Blocking feature?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JzBNzR

this is issue with every new nokia dual sim budget phone.
Please use plain text.
king9015

It means their is no hope to play online video in nokia asha 200
after posting many complains, their will no chance to solve the isue by updating the software with flash player??????
If it is not done than it is proof that nokia goes to down in india comparision to top most companies
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DM25

Nokia should be updated to watch ovline videos & also for whatsapp too.

This module is nice but the feature not good.
So if we get this two feature then it's well....

Now a days,
asha 200 has been shold so much acc. To the module but feature???

Please update this,
if we need to go for this to nokia centre then we are ready but please add this two feature
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I dont agree with u because nokia asha 305 also a dual sim and 2g device before uodation softwere also this device you tube not support but after updation softwere youtube and videostreaming support. I want to request u to again plz make a new softwere with video streaming feature plz
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Plz brother feedback to care line
Please use plain text.
rockstarrr

same problem with my phone aswell...please upgrade the software of nokia asha 200 :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
HellKing

Dear Nokia,
I am happy your enjoying your ASHA as much as I am. But ASHA 200 doesnt come with wifi and watching a youtube flv file on GPRS or even EDGE will kill you data plan. My suggestion dont even try that.
Besides Asha 200 has no FLash player support. So its not possible to do that.
Hope this helps you out.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Just give this a try.
Download Bolt browser fron www.boltbrowser.com

Now try playing youtube videos.
I hope it works.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emrinkbronk

Hey frnd nokia asha 200 does not support youtube. how can streming to nokia asha 200?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

emrinkbronk wrote:
Hey frnd nokia asha 200 does not support youtube. how can streming to nokia asha 200?

Video Streaming is not supported in Asha 200. Source: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Nokia_Asha_200/

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aman4amor

Helow :smileyhappy: i know nokia asha 200 is very cheap phone as compared to it features and this phone is really adorable moverover afforable for a common man but i don't know why it doesn't support youtube "it's quite prominent for all of us " so plzz help me with that !
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jatinsri

u can download them via ur nokia express
Please use plain text.