Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia (asha) 206

Advisor
incorporatedto
Accepted Solution

Nokia (asha) 206

Hi Nokia & Forum Members :-D

I finally managed to get me a Nokia (asha) 206, after a long long wait, and 100 visits to my neighbourhood Nokia Store, I managed to get me the new Nokia (asha) 206. What a pretty phone, the battery time is really great, and the display, so bright and sharp as a crystal. I am really impressed and happy with it :-D. 

There is one thing I was surprised about, I knew that the Nokia (asha) 206 won't come with an USB port, so the only way to connect it to a computer is via bluetooth.

The thing is, Windows 7 (and 8) recognize the Nokia (asha) 206 just fine, but the Nokia Suite (3.7.22) on the other hand says the following "Nokia 206 found, device not supported". Based on that I went to the Nokia (asha) 206 support page to downnload a "newer" version of the Nokia Suite, but the one offered I allready have installed.

I will wait untill the update for the Nokia Suite is out, just want to mention it here, that the Nokia (asha) 206 is not supported the the current version (3.7.22), meanwhile, data (music pictures e.d.) have to be transported via the Windows 7 (and/or 8) bluetooth option without the Nokia Suite, or a SD/micro-sd card adapter to transfer the files manually.

I hope this helps any new Nokia (asha) 206 users.

With warm regards,

Alexander Wolf

With warm regards,
Alexander Wolf (incorporated.to)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Nokia (asha) 206

[ Edited ]

This isn't the answer to your query..but to inform that a few days back Nokia Asha 206 was shown under Compatibility list here (when I had checked in relation to this thread) ..but not appearing any more ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LL206

I just bought a Nokia 206 in the UAE with insurances from the store that I would be able to synchronize contacts from my laptop. I now discover that the Nokia 206 is not supported by Nokia Suite. Can somebody please tell me how I can get the Outlook contacts from my laptop on my Nokia 206 using Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

Yep, I can confirm that Nokia 206 does not support Nokia Suite, not even with Bluetooth. But file transfer etc. operations from PC over BT would still of course work. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update (for X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Hey Armagon, why 206 doesn't have Lanyard Eyelet and the Packet Data isn't sensitive as like on 2730c which automatically Close if you are not using it eventhough you are surfing like reading a story.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The only way I found that works is to Sync my old Nokia 6303 with Outlook, then transfer all info to 206... not happy with Nokia 206 at all :smileysad:

Has anyone managed to find a way to sync Nokia 206 with Outlook?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi there,

W'll the Nokia 206 will not get any support for usage with the Nokia Suite, so for those who own a Nokia 206, it will be a bluetooth (phone <> pc) connection only.

For me, I am a Nokia FAN, ok, I admit, I also did not know that the Nokia 206 was not supported, but that is okay for me since I change my Nokia phones almost every 2 or 3 months with a new one :-P

My eyes are already aimed towards the new NOKIA ASHA 211 (since it has a keyboard, dual sim, WIFI and dual sim whatsapp support!!!)

I think there is also a reason why Nokia made this decision for this model. So for those who buy a new phone once a while, perhaps you should inform yourself a little more about the functions of the phone you wanna buy, then you won't be dissapointed once you have it :-D (no offence here, just a TIP)

W'll boyz 'n girlz, enjoy your Nokia in any way and google arround a little more to find stuff for your Nokia (when no or little support is offered, you will be amazed what you can find).

Be more creative :-D. That's what Nokia is all about, Nokia, "Connecting People" :-D

With warm regards,

Alexander Wolf - incorporated.to

With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hey Fabry

Thnx for you message here, I am already settled down with the nin-nokia-suite-support matter for the Nokia 206 :-P. Now waiting for the my new Nokia Asha 210 :-D

Cheers, Alex
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi LL206,

Check you Bluetooth software if the phone is added and supported for PIM file sync. (you must have Microsoft Office Outlook installed to use it)
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
Advisor
incorporatedto

Hi armagon,

yeah a bummer for the Nokia Suite (would have been easier for installing stuff via the suite hehe), but true is that syncing and sending files via Bluetooth works fine indeed :-D

Waiting for the Asha 210 now... more testing to come :-D lol
With warm regards,
Please use plain text.
ashepherd

I also have a contacts transfer problem with my 206 - but this time to a Toyota Touch car kit.  Both claim to support PBAP and OPP over Bluetooth.  I can pair the units OK and the phone functions work fine, but when I attempt contacts transfer from the car end the transfer fails.  Is there any way to initiate either an OPP or PBAP transfer from the phone?

As a last resort I tried Vcard which worked on my old Toyota, but this newer one does not seem to support that.

This is a big problem, because the car kit has separate phonebooks for each phone, and there is no way to enter contacts manually.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santos206

Hello All,

Please let me know how can i transfer contacts from PC to Nokia 206.

I have outlook installed. I can connect to phone via bluetooth.

What other software is required on PC to transfer contacts.

Thanks,

santosh

Please use plain text.
akli

I am fairly unhappy about this but I found a way aroundit; while nokia suite does not support the Nokia 2060, the old PC suite does (which by the way shows that this phone could easily be supported by Nokia suite so please nokia dev move your **bleep** on this one; it is hardly acceptable that a new phone does not support a function that works perfectly with older and cheaper phones !).

So just download from the nokia website the old pc suite and you will be fine !

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

akli wrote:

PS Suite work, [therefore Nokia 206] could easily be supported by Nokia Suite.

Did you try to use an older version of the Nokia Suite?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gourisaria

This NOKIA 206 handset can be connetced to PC through Bluetooth

Nokia PC Suite identifies supprots the same

:thumbsup:

Rajesh
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica