Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia asha 305

Advisor
mudasir38

Nokia asha 305

Hey i have just updated my nokia 305 with a new update v5.92 i was hoping a lot from this update but believe me that are losing urn fame by such craps..The problems which i face after the update are;
> cant play videos properly..The screen size which i get during youtube streaming is really really irritating it looks like the screen of nokia 1100..

>There is still no copy and paste option.

>device hangs quite oftenly

>cant even run the games having sizes above 1MB

>AND what is the aim of installing that notification app. Which we are not able to use to check notifications.

I we are not demanding so much.. I know this is a budget phone but the drawbecks which i have mentioned above are basic phone features and should be available in these phones.
Hope u gotta improve that very soon...

Nokia is presently just concentrating on its lumia series of phones i think nokia should concentrate on these s40 phones as well:-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Try re install the firmware again

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

if the re-install doesn't work, try Restoring the phone to factory settings. If that doesn't work, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mudasir38

Hey there is nothing wrong with the updation process and i have sucessfully installed the sw on my phone over FOTA.. Infact problem is in ur poor software updates which u r providing to ur costumers by the chance..Try to improve that otherwise i will be left with no option,rather to switch to andriod that is also very cheap starting from 4000INR Onwards
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Either follow the advice we have given to help you, or take your issue elsewhere mate. A lot of times it fixes issues that users come on these forums and report.

As this is a user to user forum only, you may wish to leave feedback with Nokia directly via clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

mudasir38 wrote:
Hey there is nothing wrong with the updation process and i have sucessfully installed the sw on my phone over FOTA.. Infact problem is in ur poor software updates which u r providing to ur costumers by the chance..Try to improve that otherwise i will be left with no option,rather to switch to andriod that is also very cheap starting from 4000INR Onwards

You switch to a cheap android phone and pop over to the android forums.

Updates can go wrong and re installing can fix errors if your not going to take advice WE HAVE GIVEN and rant enjoy your cheap droid. 

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

The Asha 305 5.92 update is indeed being rolled out. I have not even made a post about that here (or gotten the infos added to the device support pages) as the availability for the update is still so low. That part should improve soon and after that the official "change log" will be available. 

As for your feedback the update:

>There is still no copy and paste option.

it's a known issue that the copy-paste feature is missing from all full touch Asha devices. We have a lot of comments about that also for Asha 311. It's not a "bug", but I understand why that many users would expect to see this feature, as it was available in older Series 40 devices. I can try to forward feedback about that inside Nokia.

>device hangs quite oftenly

is there any specific situation where this happens more often? anything which could help us to reproduce the issue might be helpful.

>cant even run the games having sizes above 1MB

according to the device specifications the max. supported .jar size (Java application) is 2MB. Can you give examples of apps that you are not able to run? Are those specifically mentioned to be supported by Asha 305?

>AND what is the aim of installing that notification app. Which we are not able to use to check notifications.

can you explain this in more detail?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@armagon : not only in asha 305 but also in asha 311 the NOTIFICATION APP doesn't work ...... it doesnt show any notifications though there are notifications to be seen  !!!!! so whats the use of this app ?????

Please use plain text.
Sage
Aniefiok

@mudasir38:
The latest updates will fix the whole problem but dont even think of an android device,those are the worst.
Nokia is the best!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Sure we need improvements in the Asha s40 UI but that's not a way to say. You always have the option to switch to a different mobile as you prefer. We shouldn't be talking of android here but as you started, if thinking of Android, you should know the fact that there's no support at all. If you face problems, Google never listens to the end users. Some bugs keep staying there for years just because there's no communication between users and Google developers.
And saying of a ₹4k droid, go, you have a choice.. Get a 10k droid and it still won't be able to distribute similar UI smoothness as Asha, just lags lags and lags.

@Armagon: The notification app (introduced in 5.92. Home> Notifications) is indeed not working. It just sits there and seems makes no connection with the phone internally to fetch notifications. Plus I'm just surprised with it. Was there a need to something like that in s40 devices?
Also if you can forward my request to the devs. I want to see an Office Reader being internally implemented into the firmware which will be free from java size limits and can open all big/small documents there.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Supasupa

I think the notifications app works in conjunction with other apps.it works with the CNN app which can be found in nokia store.there may be other apps that use the notifications app,but till now CNN is the only app i have come across.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Oh! Yeah.. Nice notice. You are right there :smileyhappy:
So that concludes that Notification app is there to receive Push Notifications from the other apps and show them even when the apps are not running. That's a good thing provided we don't get app multi-tasking.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ajayapradhan

Some ovi store application is error problems
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ajayapradhan

Application error problems
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khixz

I need help!
i update my 305 v. 5.92 via fota. .then out of no where my phone shut down and cannot be open again. .:-(
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

What does it behave like when you press the power key? Is it something like a full white screen or blank black screen with only display on? Does it make the startup vibration?

In such a case, your update went wrong and the phone needs to be re-flashed with the firmware. You need to visit a Nokia Care Center for that.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khixz

Ok tnx. .

question. .how long it will take to fix the problem?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Reflashing the firmware is a quick job of around 10 minutes. But depending upon the waiting queue in the care center, you may have to wait for sometime there in the visitors' lounge.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
khixz

Lol yeah. .i remember 1st time i go to the nokia care center; i was the last number to be serve and it was a lil bit late. .and finaly my turn to be servd. .the girl ask me what is my concern. I said im here to you to help me update my phone asha 311..she said it will take 1 to 2 hours..lol i update my device my self within only 30 mins..
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@mudasir38

You can't hope much for Java phones. I recommend you for Symbian S60 or other operating system smartphones. For the game, if you like game so much, try other operating system. The games there are like in PC.
Niki
Please use plain text.