Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia asha 311-display went blank within 4 day...

Advisor
Menon_3

Nokia asha 311-display went blank within 4 days of purchase.

I happened to buy 311 last friday.i was satisfied wit the phone's performance except for the battery back up,wi-fi,lack of seperate message folders and the camera sound.Unfortunately for me,within 4 days of purchase the display of the handset went blank in between when i was using the phone and a a blank grey screen started to blink.i switched off and tried,no use.. The start up tone works,even incoming calls r received,all on a blinking grey blank screen. Called up d nokia help,bangalore. He adviced me to take it to nokia care center and do a s/w update. But at the center they couldnt recognise the issue and its not a s/w complaint. Now my brand new mobile is sent to New Delhi for further checking..This is very upsetting. Sometimes the mobile data connection cuts off while using facebook app.battery back up is just one day compared to what nokia 311 promises the customers. Please nokia engineers,provide an option to turn off the camera sound,provision to set background image in the home screen as well.pls do give us a software update as soon as possible. And pls do tel me what will happen to my mobile?am very upset cuz it has been hardly a week that i bought it and it is in the care center. I regret to have purchased this model in a haste.should have waited for the detailed review.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Nokia asha 311-display went blank within 4 days of purchase.

The homescreen remains black even in Androids. That's because its the best color to show icons properly.

About your display problem, problems can come into hardware. You're just too unlucky to experience it. Otherwise Nokia's products are of very high durability.

I agree with the software part. There's too much to improve in that. Hope Nokia developers are working on it.
Please use plain text.
abin_abin

friend, i am facing the same problem ,the screen is blinking constantly ,then i restored factory settings ,after the restore the problem disappeared,

there is no edit/cut/copy/paste function in asha 311, lacks adobe flash lite, cant stream videos over wifi,cant play 3gp videos(youtube videos) in full screen mode,

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azam_patel

I also Bought Nokia asha 311 today, facing problem in touch input, after a little use it started pressing different menu itself.  I restored with factory setting nothing had happened. Kindly advice.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Karannn

I also tuk asha 311 n i'm unhappy.how can i turn off camera sound.i'm leving in goa so whts my time zone.i cant copy n paste.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

There's no way to turn off the camera sounds. Even the latest 5.92 update has no such option.

TimeZone for whole of India is GMT +5.30.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arsalan1267

For the past two months nothing happened to my 311 but today i was moving some items to mem.card and when i press the Red button to return to Home Screen there were only 3 items showing then at once screen flashed two times and phone turns off.I started my phone but there were only 3 items as before Then i deleted those icons and from then Home Screen is not appearing Only "NOkia" which appears at the starting appears however swipe down notification and Call log are working but i cannot understand what happened to HOme Screen :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Hmm.. Seems the phone messed up with the ROM. Try updating/reinstalling the phone's firmware using Nokia Suite on your PC.
If that doesn't help, you need to visit your nearest Nokia Care Center to get the phone inspected.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arsalan1267

Yeah it helped Problem Solved..I updated the software from 3.90 to 5.92 and it worked all back to normal :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
manishsharma08

My nokia asha 311 menu is not come
Please use plain text.
manishsharma08

My nokia asha311 not on
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

[ Edited ]

take it to a nearby nokia care centre and report the problem of your phone.you can find the Nokia Care Centre HERE 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chiichii924

OMG ! I have encountered such problem too. I can't change the background of the home screen. And I'm having a hard time downloading apps contrast to what Nokia promised. I can't turn off also the camera sound, and sometimes the phone responds too slow, and I can't send MMS through BLUETOOTH ! ! ! And I had my phone just 2 weeks ago.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

The background issue is not a problem. There are no settings to change it.

Camera sound settings is really not available on 311, it depends on what country you are in.

Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mj04MM

I saw this and thought maybe you can help.. I'm really panicking about my phone. Nokia Asha 311. I didn't delete much lately so I think that's my problem. It hangs in random times, and then restarts. I'm ignoring it because it happens often. Then sometimes, when there's a virus(or even none) it blinks 3 consecutive times then restarts. Then functions again like nothing happened. But just yesterday, it suddenly turned off. I thought that there's no battery left. So I charged it. I turned it on then the "Nokia" logo appears then it blinks 3 consecutive times. Restarts then functions again. When I tried to open an application, it blinks 3 times again then restarts then turns off. Every time I try to turn it on, it just repeats what happened when I try to turn it on. I already removed the memory card but still, nothing happened. I tried to format it but it doesn't cooperate that it's just blinking whenever I'm trying to use it. Please help me with this matter. It's been just ten months since I bought it.. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
aldrich26

even my nokia 311 suddenly goes off and starts back. if i again use it again goes off

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

aldrich26, did you bring it to a local but official Nokia Care Centre?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gokulkeerthi

In my nokia asha calling button is not working so pls give a solution for attening incoming calls
Please use plain text.
Sage
HandyR

Do you have any display protection foil attached to your device?

Your phone is equiped with proximitysensor which is used to prevent unintentionally unlocking your screen lock (for example in your pocket).

Please check if you proximity sensor is covered by anything (proximity sensor is located above the display area). Please remove objects covering the sensor and or clean the area above the display.

Please use plain text.