Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia phone set's version check

Advisor
sayefhussain

Nokia phone set's version check

If I am satisfied with a certain type or model of Nokia phone, and I want to find out the latest version of that set, with all existing features with latest improvements/developments and may be with some newer ones, then what and how shall I do that?

Again, I shall refer to my the previous phone, the E63, which I have changed with a newer version (Asha 302). Though I have got the speed, yet I think I have lost a lot of many familiar things! How should have I checked an appropriate set, the features and workings of which would have matched with the previous one?

Please also tell me, if there is way to avoid all the new learnings with a new set, by purchasing a set with similiar, with enhanced, features. If there is nothing, then the manufacturers may keep this in mind while designing newer sets, so that the users may not loose the loyalty!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Nokia phone set's version check

Hi sayefhussain,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

The best way to find a model similair to the device you currently own, is to find a model in the same range. So for the E63, this would for example be the E71 or E72. A new phone will, however, have different or improved features, and some possibilities will not be included in a newer phone.

The best way to check whether a phone is for you, is to check the phone in a shop and quickly go through the Menu to see the features. You will see soon enough whether the phone has what you're looking for or not.

You can also update the software of your current phone by connecting it to Nokia Suite and clicking on the green arrow where any updates will be displayed. If you enter the software version in a search engine online, you will find reviews of the pros and cons of the available update. 

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.