Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

ONLY 70 SETS ALLOWED, CONFIG DISCARDED(6300)

Registered Member

ONLY 70 SETS ALLOWED, CONFIG DISCARDED(6300)

This is the message i get anytime i try 2 save gprs config settings sent 2 me by my service provider. Also when i try 2 set up a new account in my personal configuration, it tells me "memory full cannot add new". Very worried cos i've had the fon for almost a year and still cannot browse after trying every means possible.
*****HELP ME PLEASE******
Please use plain text.

Re: ONLY 70 SETS ALLOWED, CONFIG DISCARDED(6300)

[ Edited ]
hi, am strugling to resolve the same issue myself. nokia service providers have told me that the phone has been infected with a virus and they can remove it for $20 and then install an antivirus for about the same. but on searching online for phone details, the general view is that the 6300 phone runs S40 OS which is not prone to viruses!

please update me if you do get a solution

kariz

Moderator's note:
Information of personal character removed

Message Edited by gcpropulser on 05-Jan-2009 01:39 PM
Please use plain text.

Hi im from the Philippines and I have the same problem in GPRS  Onl 70 sets allowed , config discarded. and i tried to configure my personal configuration.. cant add because somekind of full!!...

Please use plain text.

finally got it resolved. took it 2 a nokia service centre, they wiped out all info on the phone (make sure to back up your contacts, notes, messages) but they had to do it twice!!! they told me it was safe to restore ALL my stuff back, so i did using the nokia connections software, my fon went back 2 original problem!!!! just goes 2 show even they don't know their stuff.... the thing is, when you restore, just put back the messages n contacts. DO NOT RESTORE the settings. ok?

all the best

kariz
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hello guys i find a solution to this..

check it out  http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=142032

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alalajared

[ Edited ]

i have nokia 6300 i cant accept internet settings,when settings are sent and i try to save it says only 70 sets allowed settings discarded memory full. i tried to delete some settings but there is no delete option,am strunded.IMEI , I went to safaricom center but they were defeted,plis help. second since i bought this phone  in 2007 have not updated any software ,is there any effect?if  there is then how do i update it?

Moderator's Note:

Removed  IMEI number, PM sent to user.

PM to user: 

We kindly ask you not to share your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Russell_rizan

I got the same problem.

who knows the solution? PM me or publish it here kindly.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shafy

Dear Friend,

Follow this Link -your Problem will be Solved

Keep Using.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shafy

Dear Friend,

Follow this Link -your Problem will be Solved

Keep Using.....
Please use plain text.
wswasanta

Please use plain text.
wswasanta

what i,am do now.please help me.

Please use plain text.
wswasanta

how i,am clear the phone memory.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shafy

Dear Friend,

Follow this Link -your Problem will be Solved

Keep Using.....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pablo44

that guy who says its a virus is wrong, personally i've never experienced an S40 virus. Anyway, i had the similar problem and had it sorted out. I connected my phone to a comp (which has nokiaPC suite) then did a phone software upgrade (version 5.5 to 7.2). this completely wipes out all data from phone memory & restores your default setings. You'll have to back up your data somewhere coz it makes your phone "new". Dont unplug your phone during the installation coz it may damage it.

Holla if this helps u. :-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pablo44

Hey Guys, got SOLUTION,

I connected my phone to a comp (which has nokiaPC suite) then did a phone software upgrade (version 5.5 to 7.2). this completely wipes out all data from phone memory & restores your default setings. You'll have to back up your data somewhere coz it makes your phone "new". Dont unplug your phone during the installation coz it may damage it.

i used Nokia PC suite 7.1 to do the upgrade.
there is also a "phone software update" file youll need to install first b4 upgrading(this is easy)

HOPE THIS HELPS.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Simply deleting all the existing Access Points MAY sort the issue...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
metika

Connect ur mobile with pc vi usb and open ur phone memory their is a folder name omadm open folder their 70 folder u will found delete all of them then u can save settings
Please use plain text.