Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Operating System Smartphones are Better than Asha ...

Sage
classic_sis

Operating System Smartphones are Better than Asha Series

I would like to share my opinion. Here I don't mean to have you to buy smartphones, that's all up to you.

Smartphones like Nokia Lumia, Symbian (500, 603, 700, C7, etc), Android, BlackBerry, iPhone are better than feature phones. They have many applications supported and games of course. From email, IM, Skype, etc, very good games, including HD games (iPhone and Android). You don't worry for office, operating system (hereinafter called OS) smartphones support more than one office application. Multitasking, of course, do one thing, then minimize it to do another. Previously, I use Java phone (feature phone), then I change to Android cause it is better.
:-)
Niki
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mercyette

Re: Operating System Smartphones are Better than Asha Series

I agree with you,I hope nokia will do something this year,im using an asha 311,its a nice phone but lacks multitasking,the 1ghz processor is just a waste,im a diehard nokia fan,but if nothing is done,I will be forced to give android a trial.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

Thank you for commenting. That's the problem. A giga processor is a good idea, but if the phone which use it is feature phone, I think isn't good. When it is applied for smartphones, that will more suitable.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

you are right guys
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

naaa.. the processor is okay to me. It is good in all it's glory, im not being biased here. but two months of use with this phone really proves how great the processor is.

Stop compairing feature phones to smartphones.. they are two different platforms with two unique features. you just need to explore your phone.
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

But Nokia has claimed the asha series as smart phones. On that way they tricked us a lot. Didn't they? Of course they did, and that's where the irritation arised.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dawitbogale

it is andeniable that most of bought these phones on the expectation that at least we could get one pace ahead of the feature phones. We know that they are S40, but at we blindedly believed the Nokias smart phone labeling. At least we expected improved and secure performances in the range of S40. But what did we get? Phones with full of bugs and lacking features.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@Cadz

Thank you for your comment. Many users here ask if PDF available or not. So, I give my opinion, you can choose smartphone with OS. They supported office applications, multitasking and more.

@dawitbogale

Thank you for your comment. That's marketing way to attract customers. From the first Asha series till now I don't see they will be Symbian or Windows Phone or other OS. You can't blame the company if they said like that. Nokia said Asha 311 is smartphone, for me it just feature Java phone. Long time ago (2007) I bought Sony Ericsson Z310i, the seller said this is water proof. I didn't believe it, the specification didn't said water proof. So, as end users, we decide ourselves.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Sage
Aniefiok

Asha phones are good but it lacks multitasking and that is a major problem,pls nokia should change asha series to real smartphones with OS.
Nokia is the best!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Why do you force me to reply to such posts?
Which other phone of under Rs. 6300 support multitasking? If you keep those cheap chinese phones out of the game, there are none :smileyvery-happy:
The nearest multitasker is Galaxy Y which doesn't even multitask in reality. In the stock ROM, you can only run 2 apps simultaneously. opening a third one or if the present one uses too much RAM others will be closed. Its just like Music + Browsing, which the asha can do too.

All the additions we need in Asha is software improvements, more apps, better stability, and a document viewer.
Ask anyone, Android is super **bleep** in cheap phones. I own a Galaxy Ace which cost me double of Asha 311 and it still lags all the time. There are apps but you can't run them smoothly.

If ever people will stop crying about Multitasking (which isn't possible in cheap phones), Asha phones are pretty great if you look at their price points.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@singhnsk

Thank you for your comment. Yes, it might be caused the app need a lot of memory. I use Sony Ericsson Xperia mini although it is not real in multitasking. For Android is still better in apps and games support, that's my opinion. If the Lumia series next time has a lot of games and apps as many as Android (Wild Blood, Firefox), maybe I can try. :-)
Niki
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

That's true. But look at the price points too :smileyhappy:

The app catalog for WP is rising. So, soon :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
appy_maheshwari

guys m reciving an error while i'm running a app on the phone...

error states about the out of memory of the device......n awfterwards no other app runs n i need to restart the phone...

any suggestions...????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Expecting a better Asha.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
sufyan540

asha means hope : asha, this word is taken from hindi language .

Please use plain text.
Sage
Aniefiok

@singhnsk,all what you said are true,thank you professor.
Nokia is the best!!!
Please use plain text.