Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

PC Suite and Nokia 6300

PC Suite and Nokia 6300

I installed the PC Suite that came with my phone but it was not showing my contacts. I read on a forum that I needed to download and install latest version of PC Suite which I did. (why does Nokia software take so long to install?). When I run PC Suite everything seems to be working fine initially and it finds my phone through a bluetooth connection easily. Then the program suddenlly stops and a message says "PC Suite Launcher failed" or something like that. Any ideas? Also, once I install a new version of PC Suite do I have to do anything to update the phone's software?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Re: PC Suite and Nokia 6300

26-Jun-2008 10:59 AM
kefrin wrote:
I installed the PC Suite that came with my phone but it was not showing my contacts. I read on a forum that I needed to download and install latest version of PC Suite which I did. (why does Nokia software take so long to install?).

I doesn´t take very long to install. Must be some kind of issue with your PC.

kefrin wrote:
When I run PC Suite everything seems to be working fine initially and it finds my phone through a bluetooth connection easily. Then the program suddenlly stops and a message says "PC Suite Launcher failed" or something like that. Any ideas?

Hm, did you try uninstalliung it, rebooting and installing it again? That´s the only idea I have...

kefrin wrote:
Also, once I install a new version of PC Suite do I have to do anything to update the phone's software?

There is a application on the PC Suite that is called NSU Nokia Software Updater), which you can use to update your phone´s firmware.

Hope I could help!
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.