Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

PROBLEM IN NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC

Registered Member

Hi Everyone, There is problem in Nokia 3110 classic model itself. When you load too many data in memory card (assuming that you have installed memory card more than 512 MB) the phone mis behaves, it continuously restarts and if you format your memory card it comes back to normal.

MY ADVISE - PLEASE DO NOT BUY NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC, GO FOR ANY OTHER NOKIA MODEL.

If any body had found remedy for this let me know or if NOKIA is ready to replace the phone with new upgraded model I am happy.

Regards
rajgoaj
-------------------------------------------------------
Nokia 3330 - > Sony J200i > Nokia 3530 > Nokia 3230 > Nokia 1110 > Nokia 3110c
Registered Member

Re: PROBLEM IN NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC

[ Edited ]
Finaly I hawe hawe found the solution for restarting problem!
1.Format your memory card
2.Make shortcut on your mobile so u can access very fast to your media player
2.1. In SETTINGS/DISPLAY/ACTIVE STANDBY/ACTIVE STANDBY MODE (TURN ON)/PERSONALIZE VIEW (MAKE IT THAT SHORTCUT BAR IS THE ONLY ONE THERE)
2.2. In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/NAVIGATION KEY make it so that standby key is 2nd
2.3. Get back to main screen and press DOWN key,options, select, select media player, and save, in organise shortcuts make it 1st and save your progress
3.Upload up to 5 songs
4. Update your media player, mobile will restart him self! BUT!!!...
5. In order to stop restarting u have 3 sec to start updating music library again
6. If u done all at step 2, u need to press fast one time down,central button,left blue line,down,central,up, and central (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
7. If u success in this 6th step u hawe solwed problem!
8. Next step is to upload next 5 songs and repeat steps 4-6
(9.) If you cant press so fast buttons to restart uploading I suggest to create a folder named "Amp3" so he can be first when u access to your memoru card so you could
erase him fast to stop restarting, instead formating whole card (In SETTINGS/MY SHORTSUTS/LEFT SELECTION KEY(Make it Gallery, so you can access fast to memory card to delete folder "Amp3"))
(10.)Buttons to erase "Amp3" folder - While in main screen press : Left blue line,center,left blue line,down,center,center (Need to be pressed in 3 seconds)
(11.)You hawe stopped restarting and kept pics, and images on memory card

If this work at your phone just tell me because I would like to know did i helped :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by zipper19 on 26-May-2008 09:06 AM
Advisor

I have NOT tried. I can not be as fast as you :smileyhappy: , doing those things in less than three seconds. Well, an old user here.
Whether it works or not, still Nokia should work on this problem. Is this kind of problem common for Nokia low-price phones? (Though I know many other Nokia phones are lower in price than 3110c).
Does anyone from Nokia visit this forum?

Hey NOKIA !!!! :smileysad: :smileysad:

Thank You :smileyhappy:
Registered Member

Re: PROBLEM IN NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC restarting

hi i am also having the same problem whn ever i insert mmc my ph gets restarted what to do i had al;so went to nokia care they told my mbl is not upgrading the software what to do...............................................
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzm help
Advisor

I don't have that problem anymore, at least for the last 2 days it has not 'yet' happened anymore.

The followings was what I did:

1. Turn on the 3110c WITHOUT SIMcard and WITHOUT MicroSD.

2. Disable the ActiveStandby feature.

3. Activate MusicPlayer, and go to menu: MusicLibrary, and UpdateLibrary. Go to TrackList, then MyTracks. Delete all track-lists (if any) in MyTracks. Again, UpdateLibrary.

4.Turn Off 3110c.

5. Turn on 3110c WITH MicroSD is installed (but still WITHOUT SIMcard).

6. While ActiveStandby feature is disable, UpdateLibrary again (at this stage my 3110c were able to update all files on the MicroSD) and I can play MP3 files on MicSD

7. Turn Off 3110c.

8. Install SIMcard and turn on 3110c as normally.

That's it. I have no problem at least until now. I did NOT have to reformat my MicroSD. There is No timing issue as another user experienced.

Could you try the above procedure and tell us the result?

Thanks.

Advisor

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Sorry, I forgot this:

Make sure that there is at least 1 supported file (e.g. MP3 file) in the PHONE folder "Music files"

###
Contributor

[ Edited ]
this works with my phone. simplify the filenames of your music files. example: if you have a file i'll be.mp3, make it illbe.mp3 . same with those filenames having ()[]' - 1 2 3 etc characters. never did i experienced again the restart problem.

My phone: nokia 3110c with 2GB MicroSD and with more than 250 music files.

Message Edited by slashera1 on 13-Jun-2008 09:24 AM

hi friend we must do some leagal action aggainst nokia for this problem many of the peoples facing this problem for same model...
and i got replace a new nokia 3110c for same problem with old 3110 and new phone has same behaviour..
hats off NOKIA...............
Registered Member

Hi shishir_pisal,

For the issues mentioned, I would suggest you if you could take it to the nearest Nokia Care Center for an asessment.

Thanks
Counsellor
trickmaster

Slashera, what firmware version does your phone have?
Contributor

To solve the problem, go to NK care centre for firmware upgrade (V.6.02)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
trickmaster,

i have v5.50

Message Edited by slashera1 on 19-Jun-2008 05:47 AM
Counsellor
trickmaster

[ Edited ]
slashera1,

have you encountered any restarts lately?

when did you upgraded your phone to v.5.50?

thanks slashera1 ^_^'

Message Edited by trickmaster on 19-Jun-2008 01:20 PM

after i had done wat you had said need to update here and delete those data in my track. but i still facing the same problem. the phone will still keep rebooting..
izzit my memory problem??
Advisor

Hallo, 3110classic users,

Consider this as a follow-up report.

Since the last time (and it was the first time) I did the trick (06 June 2008) until now (19 July 2008), I have NEVER experienced the problem anymore. During that period, I use 3110c normally, meaning: use it as phone, use MicSD to add MP3, voice/video recording, taking pictures; installing and running JavaME from MicSD. No Problem !

This reminds me of what Nokia mentions in the manual of the (all?) phones, that re-setting should be done sometimes to maintain good performance of the device. Perhaps, 3110c needs complete reset :smileywink: by uninstalling battery, SIM card, and MicSD card? Who knows :smileyhappy: .

hi all
i have nokia 3110c and i have experincied that problem one time and i think i that i solved it so there is many advice u hane 2 do:
1.the phone start with reading the important files like (your ringtone, wallpaper,theme).
2.so move all the files that you use like your tone.wallpaper. on the phone memory so the phone can read it easily.while keping all other files on the sd card.
3.try to have files empty of any number ,symbol.
4.advice to use the nokia original theme as others may be large sized .
5.changing the firmware will not change the problem(as i experiencied )
finnaly nokia 3110c is not the mobile will make you fly with the bird so use it wisely .if you love 2 take pics so get a camera .if u cant move without hearing songs get ipod
i know it's your right to make what you want as long as it handle it but that's why nokia called it 3110c which stand for classic which mean simple use.
note::::::::::::smileyembarrassed:>>> if u want ur phone stop restarting any way but thos will cost u formatting ur card
1.remove ur sd card
2.make the lift shortcut key is for gallery and onc ur mobile open press gallery and format ur sd card .ur phone will not restart longer ..but make it faster. or u can do it from ue pc
don't listen to changing firmware supporter as its may cause damage to ur phone and need expert to do it .if u cant wait to updat ur software cantact any nokia agent for this.
thank u.

Your solution (aikon3110ina) to this problem worked for me. At least for the moment. Thank you very much. I was desparate. And it was easy. Now I will wait for the long tim result

I was wrong. The problem didn't perished. When I'm thinking at this I get so angry to my self because if I knew about this I wouldn't bought this junk. Shame to Nokia. Shame that they didn't resolve this problem after 2 years with a upgrade or something like that althought are so meny complains.
I will never buy Nokia phone again.
My advise to those that are loking for a phone is: NOT TO BUY NOKIA 3110
Registered Member

A Solution that worked for me (Re: PROBLEM IN NOKIA 3110 CLASSIC)

I had a similar problem with my 3110 classic
( firmware: v5.5, memory card: 2gb Kingston microSD )
while trying to update the music library and sometimes while switcing on the phone
and have done the following after successing to format the memory card in about 3 seconds before the end of restarting period.

1)Removed applications except world time and games except sudoku (free memory of phone is now 6 mb )

2) Entered *#7780# while my memory card was not in the phone and confirmed by entering security code.(default should be 12345 or similar). This resets your phones preferences to factory settings but doesnt affect your data in phone memory.

3) inserted memory card and formatted it.

4) connected to the phone by usb with data transfer mode and created directories for different data types like music, video, images

5) renamed the mp3 files in my hard disk (39 files yet) as there are no special characters and numbers in file name (of course except the mp3 extension itself). Also scanned them with Avira Antivirus but found nothig.

6) disconnected phone and unpluged after clicking the green icon on taskbar near the clock

7) refreshed music library and it didnt lock and restart this time

i have been using music player since and there is no problem now. and i hope there wont be again.

aikon3110ina 10x man! After i did what you told us my phone is working properly. My advice for the other customers: do what aikon3110ina do he is the man! :smileywink: 10x alot man