Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Phone Number

Registered Member

Phone Number

I'm new to Nokia. Was given the phone but wasn't told what my number was. Where in my phone do I go to find out what my phone number is.
Sage
kflyer

Re: Phone Number

Did you buy the phone with the SIM card? Or was it SIM free? Note that you need to have a SIM card inserted in order to use telephony services. Basically there is no way to find out your number from your phone itself. See your documents. If not and if the SIM is inserted and is active, call a friend who has CLI facility, then your number will be shown up in his/her phone. Or simply send a text message to a friend with a mobile and see what's the number. Your network might provide with alternative solutions to find your number too.

Mobile Royale - Latest News, Reviews and Software for Mobiles

Aero Everyday - Aviation News and Insights

GoMobile Forums-The best mobile technology discussions

Please visit http://alifeofmisery.blogspot.com or www.miserylife.tk and help someone smile.

Dreaming of a 5320XpressMusic - 128MB RAM makes up for the 2MP cam !
Mobile Sensei

If the number is stored on the SIM card (very few network operators put it there), you can, at least in S60 based phones see it via: Contacts -> Options -> SIM contacts -> SIM directory -> Options -> My numbers

But as stated, the number is rarely there (I've never had a SIM card from any operator where the number would have been on the card, and I've used GSM mobile phones since 1994).
Sage

If your SIM was in a separate package the number is sometimes on this package itself. Search near the barcode.
Sometimes the solution is closer than you think... sometimes farther