Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone restricted?

Advisor
popoa18
Accepted Solution

Phone restricted?

Hello there,

I have a Nokia 6230.
When i switch it off then switch it back on it sometimes flashes a 'phone restricted' warning. Then prompting me to enter a code.
However, once i switch the phone off and on again its back to normal!
Any idea what thats about?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Phone restricted?

[ Edited ]
It's probably caused by your sim card being old, loose or dirty. It could also be a sign that the sim reader on the phone is failing.

What you should do is give it a good clean and if he sim looks worn then contact your network for a replacement.

It may also be wise to back up your phones contents in case it fails completely.

You may want to ask a nokia care point for help but if your phone is outside of it's 2 year warranty then a cheaper option may just be to replace the phone.

Care points/service centres and repair info:

UKEuropeAsia-PacificUSA
CanadaMiddle East and Africa

Elsewhere: Click here, select your country, go to the support section, then select repair.

Message Edited by psychomania on 17-Sep-2008 02:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]

hi, today when i swithed on the nokia 6233 it shows phone restricted and a undo option when i tried to search on web i came to know that my phone is bb5 phone and cant be unlocked anyone know how to unlock it my network is TATA DOCOMO

MODERATOR'S NOTE: We have edited your post as it contains your phone's IMEI. For your security, we do not allow posting personal or contact information in the discussion board. Advertising link was also removed. Nokia Support Discussions accepts no commercial publicity of any kind.

Please use plain text.
diawara_ib

Hi, Everybody. My Nokia phone 6020 that I have been using for ages with an Orange sim card asks me to enter a "restriction code ". please, help me with the code with how to enter it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Did you just change service providers? Your phone is restricted by your original network to work with their sim cards only. Contact your service provider for the restriction code. Once you have it you can unlock it using the procedure outlined in the link below.

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Unlocking-Procedure-for-Phones/td-p/380579

Please use plain text.