Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer - Nokia...

grbgokul

Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer - Nokia X6 16GB :(

My mobile Nokia X6-16GB says ' Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer' when I switch off the phone and restart it. I took it to Nokia care centre, Nagercoil. They said they can only do reinstall the firmware and did a firmware reinstall. After that, it was working fine for two days, again it is showing ' Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer' when it is switched off and on again. Please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer - Nokia X6 16GB :(

You need to again take it to NCC and tell them that the job was not done properly .. 

Please use plain text.
grbgokul

they claimed on that day itself that they are not responsible if it is not ok after software istall.. The only solution they tell is exchange this mobile and buy a new one.

Please use plain text.
grbgokul

Once my mobile started up and I kept it as such(only listen to songs in night) for one week and it is working all fine. So, I tried with simcard. It is working well for one day and again shown 'connection error' when I called someone. So, I switched off my mobile and on again. Again, the message 'Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer' Please help..:smileysad: Nokia care doesn't help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

the only option you have in this case is to persist with your Nokia Care until they issue with a replacement device or one that is working properyl.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
grbgokul

Nokia Care Centre is total waste. The people working there are not even taking the phone for checking what the problem actually is. As a whole, the Nokia care centres are useless.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

is there a telephone number for the head Nokia office in your country, so you can inform them of the issues you have been having and escalate the issue? also see what options are available when clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dgreatkyra

its easy to fix that problem! Just format your phone memory! Turn off your phone ang hold *+3 and the dial key also known green key and the power botton! Hold it until your phone pop up reformating or select country
Please use plain text.
Winsfordo

I am facing this very problem but it seems all my trial have failed. I was told to hold green or call botton + red or cut botton + camera botton and the press the power botton until handshake logo appears. I did this but the phone did not start up although the display "phone startup fail. Contact retailer" has not appeared again.
Please use plain text.
Winsfordo

Please help me because I am confused with this problem of phone fail to start up.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Most probably a visit to Nokia Care is on cards but before that try the following...

1. Keep the phone on charging for some 15-20 minutes and check if it switches ON ..

2. Remove the battery for a couple of minutes and then insert it and see if the phone switches ON ..

3. Try the Reset you have tried for a few times.. It may require a few tries to get it going.. 

...If no luck visit Nokia Care .

Please use plain text.
Tmp10

Re: Phone startup failed. Contact the retailer - Nokia X6 16GB :

my phone is statup faild

and restart again ang agian

plz tel me what i do

Please use plain text.