Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Problem with Nokia Asha 200 apps

__Alex__

Problem with Nokia Asha 200 apps

Hello guys,

I am using Nokia Asha 200 and i am quite satisfy with this phone. The only drawback that i can find is that i cannot ue it social prebuild apps, like Social and i cannot use the e-mail app as well.

When i open them and accept the license, i am waiting for the software to connect to internet and update it self's, but this never happen. I tried to wait for the apps to finish with there updates but after 10 minutes of inactivity it become clear that it will never happened. 

In comparison when i am using the Nokia Web Browser i don't have any problems with opening web pages. The difference between the browser and the apps is that when i browse i see on the top left part of the screen the "E" symbol which indicates that the phone is connected to Edge network, but when i use Social, E-mail or even other apps i had downloaded from Ovi store i am not able to use them. For instance most apps i had download indicate me network connectivity problems. The only app i can use with my 3G internet is Nokia browser.

My software version is:10.58.

Thanks in advanced,

Alex

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Re: Problem with Nokia Asha 200 apps

Hi __Alex__,

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear about the connection problem you have with your Nokia Asha 200. I would like to invite you to this forum where the same issue is being discussed.  You will find some useful information there.

Regards

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Contributor
Rocknepal

Same Problem.

I bought Nokia ASHA 200 2 days ago. The moment I switched on and accessed the internet through default browser, it said about the update available so i updated the browser to verion 2.0.2.68.14

Than later I tried to access Social app and it kept saying loading, same thing with Ovi store and mail. Isn't there suppose to be 'G' sign on the top left cornor. Well there is nothing like that. I guess the apps aren't able to connect at all.

Than there is the echo problem which is really irritating. So I tried the hard rese. It didnt work. Now even Social app is gone. Says invalid app and can't delete it either.

When i type *#0000* i get these infos:

Nokia 200

V 10.58

14-12-11

RM-761

(c) Nokia

Variant: 255.01

No Virtual Variant

Language:

V 10.58

14-12-11

(c) Nokia

EA

I have the latest Nokia/Ovi Suite ver 3.4.49

From cell, when i look for update - it says not available.

From PC suite, it says the same - I have the latest version 10.58

Why can't I update to version 10.61 which is said bt have the fix or ver 11.56.

I downgraded myself from Nokia 5800 to Asha 200 coz' i needed a dual im model and choose this JUCK instead of SAMSUNG.  Please need HELP. if this is it than well I am not using NOKIA cells no more and definitely not recommending any NOKIA products to anyone.

Very very dissatisfied.

Registered Member
taniacwcci

please 1st u need to update ur software.
Registered Member
sahildamad

hi im sahil from india my phone problem my phone social and internet and email not open the phone please help me
Registered Member
given

Re: Problem with Nokia Asha 200 internet configulation

I didint get anything in my nokia asha 200 plz i need help..

Contributor
Shoel_arman

My phone nokia 200 v10.61 Store. mail .social application why i am recived help me
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Registered Member
Moolektn

hi friend,the software would be updated only if the phone hardware is compatible with the upgradable software

Contributor
lobiaboy

Pls my nokia 200 social network has been broken and my email is not working is just dere pls i need a help
aleisha11

lobiaboy wrote:
Pls my nokia 200 social network has been broken and my email is not working is just dere pls i need a help

You have two options to resolve the issue:

1. Update the phone's software.
  2. Ask for the configuration settings from your network provider.

Before updating, use Nokia Suite to back up your phone. You can be sure that your contacts, messages, calendar entries, tasks, web feeds, and other important stuff are backed up safely. The contents of your phone memory and memory card, such as photos and videos, are safe and won’t be affected during the update.

You can use the link to download the Nokia Suite: www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

1. Connect the phone you want to back up to your computer with a USB cable. On your phone, select Nokia Suite (or PC Suite) and then select OK.
  2. In Nokia Suite, click Tools then Backup. Nokia Suite shows you a list of the content types that you can back up and prepares a list of information that can be backed up.
  3. Select the information that you want to back up. If you want to change where the backup file is saved, click Browse and choose another location. If you have a lot of music, photos or videos on your phone, including them in the backup will cause the backup process to be slower.
  4. Click Start to begin backing up. Do not disconnect or switch off your phone during the backup. If you need to stop the backup, click Stop. Nokia Suite will reach a safe stop point and will then stop the backup.
  5. Click Finish to close the window after the backup is complete.

To update your phone software, you can follow the steps below:

1. In Nokia Suite, select Tools then Software updates. If an update is available for your phone, you can see it here along with any other updates that are available.
  2. Click Install to start the installation. During the installation, Nokia Suite takes you through the following steps:
  • Get started
  • Back up (recommended)
  • Install
  • Restore (optional)
  • Finish

Please do not disconnect your phone until the installation is completely finished. Doing so might cause damage to your phone or result in its contents being lost.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Registered Member
oviradoi

[ Edited ]

I also have the same problem.

When I bought the phone one year ago, all the apps were working fine. Then, a few months ago, I noticed that the social app, mail app and any app I have downloaded (facebook, whatsapp) would not work anymore (they could not connect to the internet).

Now I can only use the Nokia Browser to browse the internet on my phone. I have updated to the latest firmware 11.56, and I still have the same problems.

How do I make the internet work again on my phone?