Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Problems report: Nokia Asha 303 functionalitie...

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Problems report: Nokia Asha 303 functionalities problems.

Social app and Mail don't work. Both of them showed me that they can't connect to services or connection error. I tried with Wi-Fi and cellular data but nothing work. I even performed factory reset, repair with Nokia Suite and sent it to Nokia Care Center, but the problems still exist.

My Nokia 303 software version is 13.44, RM-763.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arunlal4u

Re: Problems report: Nokia Asha 303 functionalities problems.

Try manually setting the access point.

Else wait for the first software update usually within the 2-3 months.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lucien62

I'm having the same problem. I'm thinking of bringing the phone back to the shop. Would it make a difference if I ask the shop to replace my phone with another one ?

I'm located in Thailand

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Something isn't right, my brother's x3 and my friend's c3 (both are using symbian s40 touch and type) can use all of them that Asha 303 can't use and it can use via Wi-Fi too. Also, it seems that I can't use store via Wi-Fi and only way to use it is via cellular data if I want to use it on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lucien62

I just figured out what was going on with my Asha 303:

I went to my operator service center (AIS 12call, I'm in Thailand) and reported that neither the social app, the mail app or the chat app work on my phone eventhough I had signed up for a 3G/gprs internet monthly plan. (I have a prepaid account, it's very popular here, and 3g/gprs access can be bought for one day up to one month using prepaid voice balance).

Staff told me that those apps are part of a special offer which I can sign up for if I want, starting at 29 bahts/week.

Me, in my mind: What the **bleep** ? Why the hell do I have to pay extra money to access facebook and my emails ??? Is the **bleep**ing 3g plan not even enough for that ??? :smileymad:

So yeah, here is the deal: Those apps are paid apps and I'm really **bleep** !!! I don't know who I'm the most **bleep** at: my operator ripping-off the users ? or Nokia that may have a deal with those phone operators ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lucien62

To Nokia users in thailand:

http://www.nokia.co.th/find-products/phones/nokia-asha-303

and scroll down.

It's quite clear now that Nokia has a special arrangement with phone operators here in Thailand to charge users when they want to access certain apps like Social, Mail, Chat.

Very **bleep** practice. Good-bye Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

Then, shame for Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

OK. After update to 14.60, it doesn't need special data plan anymore. I can use chat, social and email via Wi-Fi now. That's a good fix, although there is some problem with chat which I can't sign-in to Facebook chat. It always return Code504, but it does happen with others chat service sometime.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Alishaaaa

same Probbbbbbbbbbbbbbb plz Some One help me :smileysad: ma social app i sjt on waiting also i want to re install ma Angry birds i dnt knw how it also no mr in ma asha 303 plz plz plz plz its so irritating help me
Please use plain text.
tahajaw

solution-download the same verified copy of the app which dosn't workin yr nokia 303 then factory reset yr phone.
Please use plain text.
Urmiasha200

Problems report: Nokia Asha 200 functionalities problems.

I'hv bought nokia asha 200 on 4th june'2012 for my regular use.As  far I remenber this phone is specially designed for those who used to do smses,calls and net.....But within 1month & 19days,I had got a lot of problems,My phone got hanged,switched off again & again,all cntcts including the important contacts and msges got deleted..Let me tell you that i had not used it so much,didn't do sms or calls for long time but the problems had come..However I had solved the problem whn I went to Nokia care in my town on 24june...But now again the problem has come..The phone is randomly getting switched off within sometimes,contacts get deleted.& in addition the NOKIA OVI STORE,SAAZAM,SOCIAL all are deleted by this incident..It's creating a lot of problems in my life...I cann't communicate to others..This is impossible to waste money  everytime for the handset..If after buying the handset I cann't use it  properly with my satisfaction then why do I use Nokia? I knew that Nokia is a leading brand,But is this the example of it?Please,solve my problems as soon as possible to get all the options back in my set just as like I had when I had bought it....please..Otherwise I have to stop using nokia and i'll get the wrong concept about this brand.. so please do help..

Please use plain text.
zoefis

Hi guys please help, i've done a factory reset on my Asha 303 but after reset some apps dont work like app store calculator internet ect. But if I remove sim card it all work again but just no network coverage, but when I insert sim none work again. I've also install newest software update ...?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

zoefis wrote:

Hi guys please help, i've done a factory reset on my Asha 303 but after reset some apps dont work like app store calculator internet ect. But if I remove sim card it all work again but just no network coverage, but when I insert sim none work again. I've also install newest software update ...?

Do you get an error message? If yes, what's the error message? By the way, you can isolate the issue by inserting other SIM card. Then, check if it will work. 

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
zoefis

Hi, yes inserted 3 different sim same problem. Manage to get hold off Nokia repair agent he say I must bring it in so they can Re-Flash and install it something like that, my files is corrupt.

Will let u guys know how it goes....

Please use plain text.
zoefis

no errors
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Danielly

I cant watch online video with the wlan with my asha 303 and also i dnt knw the function of the camera sign in front of my screen. I need help pls
Please use plain text.
zoefis

Yes, there were no errors just the app didn't want to open, took it to Nokia Care today and they did a software reset on their side. Working now again, they said it was a software error/corruption on the phone...Whoop working again

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Danielly wrote:
I cant watch online video with the wlan with my asha 303 and also i dnt knw the function of the camera sign in front of my screen. I need help pls

Do you encounter any error message when browsing or watching online videos? And, Asha 303 has only one camera functionality which is at the back of the phone. Please see the attached file for your reference. 

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Hapidz

My asha 303 v14.7 but the email, social messaging, and chat still error
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

Hapidz, which error message do you get? We need the message(s) word-for-word. Furthermore, please compare the v(ersion) line of *#0000# (overall firmware) and *#0010# (content package like apps) – do they match?

Please use plain text.