Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Proxy Settings over WiFi for Asha 302

Contributor
Xplod9

Proxy Settings over WiFi for Asha 302

I'm using my college internet via lan which requires to set the proxy settings in the laptop browser. I want to share this network over Wifi but donot find any proxy settings for WiFi networks in my Asha 302. What should I do?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Proxy Settings over WiFi for Asha 302

Welcome to the Nokia discussions board!

Can your laptop broadcast signals from the LAN connection from your college? From my knowledge, you can't usually broadcast a WIFI signal through a laptop, unless you have an external piece of hardware.

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Check the settings-personal configuration settings-web menu. Set "Use default access point" to no. Now there is an option of proxy. See if it works.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xplod9

ofcourse i can broadcast wifi signal by creating a wifi network that shares my lan connection.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Xplod9

The proxy settings in 'Use default access point' are meant for the data network only. Those settings donot work for the wireless networks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PetreBuzzed

I have the same problem.... It is a shame. Shame on Nokia that their wifi is a joke!

Please use plain text.
Rohit_Napster

It is a big problem for most of the asha phone. To access the internet in college or school with proxy server on your nokia asha 302  or any of the mobile devices those support wifi but not proxy setting. All u need a laptop with functioning wifi card (along with latest drivers).

Steps to set up wifi connecton to your college wifi (proxy server).

1.Boot your laptop and connect to your college proxy server. (considering that your laptop has suitable settings to access the net from that wifi connection).

2.Now open command promt.(administrative cmd).

3.Create your own hotspot.

4.To create your own hotspot type the following :

netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=<any name you want> mode=allow key=<this will be your password,min of 8 characters>

press enter

5.Now start your hotspot. To start the hotspot you created type it in the same command prompt window

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

6.Now you have successfully created your hotspot form your laptop.

7.Now share your internet connection on this hotspot.

8.To do so, follow this

Open control pannel>network and sharing center>change adapter settings.

9.Now if you are connected to your college server with wifi . Suppose the name of yur college wifi is "ABC".

You will find Wireless network connection with the name of the server ABC below it.

10.Right click on that wireless networkconnection and go to properties>sharing.

11.chek the box before allow other network to connect to this computer's internet.

12.In Home network connection select the the Wireless connection adapter (your hotspot) in the dropdown list.

13.press ok and exit.

14.Now check available wlan on your mobile.

15.Select the SSID name you created with your laptop.

16.After connecting to this wifi, u can use net as regular wifi connection.

I hope u all not that noob to understand what is said :smileyhappy:

Peace out

Please use plain text.