Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

[Q] About Nokia Asha 501 Free Games

Advisor
tripranav

[Q] About Nokia Asha 501 Free Games

Hello,

I bought the Nokia Asha 501 couple of days back and believe me it is an amazing phone for such a low price.

I have a question though about the phone: As we all know we get around 40 free games which we can download from the Nokia store under the Gift section. It mentiones that I have 60 days to download the games for free. So, lets say I download all the games before the 60 days and install them in in the future if I format the device will I be able to re-download the games for free or I will have to pay for all the games? (assuming I format the device after the 60 days gift period)

Thanks

P.S I also would like to know, will Nokia support the new Asha Platform OS which is there on Asha 501 with updates in the future? By updates I mean for example currently there is no option to copy/paste text, no option to create folders in the menu were we can club say all the games icon in one folder thus making the menu easy to navigate.

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: [Q] About Nokia Asha 501 Free Games

Feels great to know that you're liking the new Nokia Asha OS. It is really a nice phone perfectly suited to its price :smileyhappy:

Coming to your queries:

1. I haven't yet played around with the 501 yet, but as per my experience with previous Asha phones, I'd say, Yes you can download the games again even after those 60 days end. Actually what happens is that the 60-days interval isn't connected to your Nokia Account or your IMEI and is instead stored on the phone itself. Resetting the phone to factory restarts that number again from 60 days. So its like a lifelong access to those free games. This could've changed with these new Ashas, but i highly doubt that :smileyhappy:
Another way would be copy the games to memory card and let them stay there. They won't be affected if you reset the phone to factory.

2. Nokia has kinda tried to unify the Asha OS so that they don't need to make differentiated software product files for each phone. So i think the device will receive updates for a long term. Including copy/paste or not will be a choice of Nokia anyways. So let's see if its implemented.
Advisor
tripranav

Thanks a lot for the info. Although just to check, I will reset my phone in couple of days and see if the counter goes back to 60 days or not. Currently it is 59 days.

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Let's see what you find out. I'll stay with what i said - The timer will reset :smileyhappy:
Registered Member
hitmesoftly

Hi , I just bought this asha 501 and on the nokia store's gift section there are no apps or games appearing the only thing i see is no results found and the days are counting down, thanks 

Advisor
tripranav

I think there might be some problem. Try formatting your phone and then open the gift section using wifi...and see if you get the games list.