Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Receiving error "Subscribe to packet data first"

Receiving error "Subscribe to packet data first"

Greetings!

I am using Nokia 7500 Prism and getting this above said error while accessing GPRS applications like "Yahoo! Go", "Gmail on mobile" etc.
I have GPRS activated on my vodafone connection and have verified that same applications are working on my other handset.
Moreover I got the software updated for my mobile but nothing worked.

Any help??

Regards
Amit Arora
Contributor
eiyan

Re: Receiving error "Subscribe to packet data first"

greeting..! aroraamit81

I'm using Nokia 5300 XpressMusic and have the same problems.I cannot open Yahoo Go 2.0 application which I installed recently. An error messages "subscribe to packet data first" keep pops up. To make thing worst i lost RM120 in browsing!

Did you solve the problem yet? Please help me if you do
Professor

Basically you need the right settings from the Nokia web site.
http://www.nokia.co.uk/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_262868

[ Edited ]
How to avoid "sbscribe to packet data service" error for Yahoo Go, Opera Mini, Google Maps & MG maps in NOKIA 3110c with BSNL GPRS( Although I am using all these applications on Nokia 3110 I am sure the settings will work for all GPRS enabled nokia models on BSNL)
Make sure
1. U have subscribed for GPRS service & it is active.
2. U r able to browse internet with Nokia's in built browser.
3. U have downloaded any or all of the applications & installed them on ur mobile.
Making New Access Point.
Go to Menu ---> Settings ----> Configuration ----> Personal Configuration & Select
With Option key select Add New ( If u don’t have any of previousely created access points u will be prompted to use central select key)
Select option Access Point & enter following settings
Account name java
Select sub option Access Point Settings & enter / select following settings
Data bearer Packet Data
Select sub sub option Bearer Settings & enter / select following settings
Packet Data Access Point gprssouth.cellone.in ( put gprswest/gprseast/gprsnorth in lieu of gprssouth as per the BSNL area u r in)
Network Type IPv4
Authentication type Normal
User Name ppp
Password ppp123

Using back key come to personal Accounts level
U will see a new Access Point Named java
With option key & select ACTIVATE
Now U will be able to use all the above applications java Access Point
In case of any difficulty mail me at

*Moderator note: E-mail removed*

Message Edited by spanishtaco on 10-Jun-2008 11:50 AM

07-Dec-2007 11:38 AM
eiyan wrote:
greeting..! aroraamit81

I'm using Nokia 5300 XpressMusic and have the same problems.I cannot open Yahoo Go 2.0 application which I installed recently. An error messages "subscribe to packet data first" keep pops up. To make thing worst i lost RM120 in browsing!

07-Dec-2007 11:38 AM
eiyan wrote:
greeting..! aroraamit81

IS YOUR PROBLEM GOT SOLVED IF YES THEN TELL ME THE SOLUTION ALSO
Contributor

This is a simple solution, call your network provider and ask for internet access, somehow or someone canceled your internet on your phone, this is what i get when I try because I asked my provider to black internet access.

cheers

xguxy
Contributor
eiyan

I finally solved my problem not long after that. Sorry for taking sometimes to post it over here.Theres some tips that I like to share.Hopefully these will help.

Switch off your phone for 10 minutes immediately after installation is done. Switch it back on ...and there you GO !
Its just like any installation done on your computer , it need to be restart.

With my upgrade Yahoo GO 3.0 Version , world is in my hand now !
Registered Member

I'm using Nokia 6300 and when i'm trying to connect ebuddy mobile, i recieve "Subscribe to packet data first"

can you plz help me!!
Contributor
eiyan

Check your web connection by press/hold down '0' for a few seconds.It will connect you to your own home page.

After installation is done , you should exit the web and turn off the phone for 10 minutes.

p/s
what did you mean by 'to connect ebuddy mobile'?
did u mean to open the application ?
Registered Member

Thanks your trick did the job! But it still doesnt solve the problem with the mobile broadband connection with the pc.  Its shows the "Subscribe to packet data first" message again...:smileysad:
Registered Member

hey i'm in taytay,rizal what will i put in the packet data access point??? i can't understand.

and while im holding "0"  it says that i have no home page

Registered Member

how can i subscribe for gprs service and how can i know that it is active???

and what do you mean in the "downloaded any or all of the applications & installed them on ur mobile."

what application i will download? r u talking about the yahoo go and opera mini??

Registered Member

[ Edited ]

can you send in my email the steps in how i can subscribe to packet data???

Moderator note: e-mail address removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact info on the web.

Message Edited by michaels on 26-May-2009 11:00 AM
Registered Member

How to avoid "subscribe to packet data service" error for Yahoo Go, Opera Mini, Google Maps & MG maps in NOKIA 6300 with Airecel GPRS( Although I am using all these applications on Nokia 6300 I am sure the settings will work for all GPRS enabled nokia models on Airecel, I am activated GPRS service for Airecel.

kindly assist me ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Bhushan

Registered Member

Hi,

I am using Nokia 5300 mobile. I am trying to connect internet using my mobile and i am trying to connect from laptop though Bluetooth. I am able to pair my mobile and laptop it is working fine. when i try to connect it is able to dial,verifying uname, pwd and it is registering to network also finally in mobile it is showing "Subcribe to packet data first" and it disconnects. I received my settings from vodafone and checked whether GRPS is activated in my mobile. From my mobile i am able to access internet but from laptop it is not working. Can anyone please provide steps and solution to resolve this.

Thanks,
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
bravo bravo bravo. this is the first time i am going to beleive that online tip will also work. It worked. thanks a lot. to spanishtaco
Message Edited by srininoki on 05-Dec-2009 05:01 PM
Registered Member
dhivyaramesh

i have nokia 6600 slide mobile.I want to activate internet in my mobile. I Have dolphine prepaid options. I already have opera mini software. please tell me how can access internet in my mobile.

Please replay?

Advisor
basab111

Re: I cannot get access to PREFERRED ACCESS POINT.

In order to get access in Internet through Nokia 3110 Classic handset's built in browser "Yahoo ! Go" I started to put settings in the handset with the help of direction given in the Manual.

By following the path : Menu>Settings>Configuration, I opened the 'Preferred Access Point'. The box simply returns information "(empty)" with further instruction to "Back".

As per Manual the information would be available :...to view the save access points. Scroll to an access point, and select Options>Details to view the name of the Service Provider, data Bearer, and packet data access point or GSM dial-up Number...  But all these functions on my part cannot be done.

May be this is the reason I am not getting support from the Yahoo! Go Browser. I will be much favoured with if any learned person can advice me to get positive result.

Basab Roy.

Registered Member
Antony65

sorry i tried but not succesfull

Registered Member
Antony65

gve a re ply