Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Recommend a Nokia phone?

Registered Member
NokiMonkey2

Recommend a Nokia phone?

Hi guys, I am looking for a Nokia phone with the following specs. Can you please recommend any that matches the following criteria?

• Symbian OS (i want to be able to use Nokia PC Suite with the phone)
  • Resistive Touchscreen (NOT capacitive, very important because i use random objects like pens as a stylus)
  • Must support UMTS/AWS frequency 1700/1900/2100 - My provider only does this frequency
  • Decent processor (something like 1 Ghz+) - I have a 5230 right now and i could use some performance
  • Decent internal memory, like 2 GB+ - same as above
  • Wifi - wouldn't hurt either way

Thanks for reading, appreciate your responses!

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

There is no such kind of combination AFAIK.

(1Ghz processor and resistive touch screen ?????? )

if you want stylus kind of thing go for NOKIA 5233(434Mhz processor).

Please use plain text.
Sage
carlee12

Nokia Asha 303 is the best for you just use A Screen Protector for Protection (use Anti fingerprint Scrn Prtector cauze the thickness is about 0.6mm) though it isn't symbian OS it still able to Connect at Suite cauze it has USB and it can do basic multitask. But the memory is low , use SD Card for Expansion.
I love T9 Bar Phones | I used to be a Sony Ericson fan before but they leave the low end Phones so I have to switch to Nokia | LG Optimus L5 II and Nokia 206 3
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NokiMonkey2

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

5233 is a nice phone, i use a 5230 right now. The processor is unfortunately too slow and the memory is too low for me :smileyhappy:

Asha 303 is a nice phone too ill consider it.

Right now what i'm really eyeing is the N900. Any experience with N900? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

[ Edited ]

NokiMonkey2 wrote:

Right now what i'm really eyeing is the N900. Any experience with N900? Thanks.

Only issue with N900 to bear in mind is weakness of microUSB connector, so tend to treat it mine like glass and use WinSCP to transfer data in/out and of course you could always charge the battery in your 5230.

Picked up used example as a spare only recently and Cash Converters had even dropped it's price as thought that it was SIM locked to T-Mobile US, when all examples are unlocked!

If it wasn't for capacitive screen being an absolute no, I might have suggested looking at pentaband N9 which is compatible with latest versions of Nokia Suite.

N900 is quite bukly and easy to damage screen in tight jeans pocket and it is power hungry so need to carry an extra battery if much usage during the day.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NokiMonkey2

Yeah scooby i fell in love with the N9, and then got disappointed to see its capacitave touchscreen :smileysad: I don't always use styluses but when i'm at work or in class i just use whatever pen i'm holding on the phone.Accurate pointing that way and people don't see me holding the phone. Capacitave phones have styluses too but i keep losing them.

I do all my texting through Nokia PC Suite so that is why an OS compatible is important. Bulky is no issue at all, i dont mind some weight in my hands when i'm using the device.

I just picked up a Lumia 920 couple days ago. I had very high hopes from it. And they all came crashing down :smileysad:
 I thought that the super-sentive touchscreen can use anything as a stylus. Unfortunately that is not true, plastic pens dont work. It's not even compatible with PC Suite so can't send/receive sms through pc. And the worst part of it all: Windows OS. It chokes you to end with its restrictions and limitations. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.