Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

Registered Member
Pragati

My Nokia 5130 phone kept going blank and now its not working!

the screen went blank, it gets started till that NOKIA part and again goes blank.basically its not getting started.this happened yesterday night.The screen kept going blank very frequently.yesterday,it went blank once and ALL my phone contacts got erased,messages were there.now its not even getting switched on.

Fail piece...and nobody is even able to help me,i got the software thing done once it again is not working now:smileymad::smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
melaku44

i have ze same problem with most of tu. my phone won't restart. , no restart  at all. do i need to flash it , or what. please help me if anyone has solved this problem.[the screen goes just white]:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
akshaybhaskar1

I have the same freaking problem with my new nokia 5130XM. It keeps restarting when i listen to music and then everything gets changed. I have the latest firmware i.e 7.91 and it still happens. Pls some one help us out man, no one seems to be bothered. Pls pls help as my phone is only 2 weeks old :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lgcoollucky

Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

PLZ solved

Please use plain text.

Re: My Nokia 5130 phone kept going blank and now its not working!

[ Edited ]

HI friend,

I am also facing the same problem from yesterday. My Mobile firmware version is V.07.95. I already faced this same problem. That time I went to nokia care. They install this firmware instead of V.07.91 and they charged Rs.200. Every month to spend Rs.200 for software is meaningless. So I need help from you that what you done to solve that problem?

Personal details removed by a moderator. We kindly ask you not to share your personal contact details or your phone's IMEI number publicly on this forum.

RAJKUMAR.K
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nabeela

can any1 help me out wid ths problem of nokia 5130....evrytym i play a music file it shows 'not enough memory'. inspite of having loads n loads of memory.

Please use plain text.
megan1125

I upgraded the damn thing with the latest firmware 7.97 and still it shuts down and restarts

Please use plain text.
5130_FAN

Dear Administrator

Really hurts for a such a good phone nokia is neglecting due to solving problems in top line series.
the 7.9X firmware are not that much stable as they always have problem mine is 7.97 now and white screen will come after call and battery backup is also a matter of concern

Pl nokia provide some attention to solve the problems for this great handset.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
IMPULSE3710

We all are waiting for the PROMISED 8.20/8.30 Firmware versions for 5130 XM(RM-495).

It is hyped to be much faster , more stable and will come with LOTS of EXTRA NEW features.

The expected release date is January/February 2011 .

So hold your Breath and Hope like hell that NOKIA delivers.

S.K.Ghosh
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
prowler69

Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

im really disappointed with nokia. i have nokia 5130 xpressmusic and it restarts!! the screen goes white..and then it turns off  & my music mutes when i get a mesaage while am listening to music & sometimes sent items are stored in inbox!!

I bought a nokia phone cos they say nokia is efficient and reliable! twell..i've got the proof now! this mobile has got lousy firmware. they would have better spent the money on making the firmware more reliable rather than spending loads and loads on advertising to convince people to spend money on nothing. as i said before, this thing happens alot in this model and nokia should do SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

When i went to customer care a week back & they said they updated the latest firmware & there wont be any more problems like this but still the problem persists..

what the hell are these nokia people doing??!!
soo many people are complaining about this damn model!!

and they are not even doing anything to it!! :smileymad: :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bitspratik

I had my nokia 5130 system formatted and reinstalled around 10 days back and it was working perfectly fine until half an hour back when I was playing a song and it went white and booom gone!

I knew that I am in trouble again and I am really in. It doesn't restart now. Just shows NOKIA and then pitch white screen and nothing else.

Any help?

I can't go to nokia care spending Rs.500 every month. How do these nokia care guys solve this problem? How do they even restart the phone? Does someone know about it? Is there a software? I don't want to spend any further on this phone. Someone in authority please answer.

This phone is 3 years old and it has been my first terrible experience with nokia. Reliance CDMA phone was far better than this with no issues in 2.5yrs of its use.

Is someone going to answer??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ibrarali200

I am also facing like this problem,when i on my phone then shows Nokia then pitch white screen then switch off,,tell me its software problem or hardware problem...tell me solution i will be very thankful to you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
IMPULSE3710

[ Edited ]

Most probably its a hardware problem..

My friend had the same problem on his 7210 Supernova(runs on the same s40 platform) a few days back..

I told him to try formatting it using nokia software updater but it didn't work out.

So it most probably is a hardware problem..

But still try taking it to a Nokia Care Centre..

They will tell you what the problem is and try to repair it if possible ..

Moderator note: This post has been edited to removed references to a product or service used in procedures which may invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device, and which may not therefore be discussed on this forum.

S.K.Ghosh
Please use plain text.
Jirocoh

having a hard time to restore factory settings because in just 10 secs my mobile experiencing black screen and then restart...

Please use plain text.
raselahmed2008

i tried the hard mood ..pressing all three buttons ..bt it doesnt work :smileysad: .. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shanty1990

Total white screen when any time

i have nokia 5130 c2 mobile phone, the screen of this phone is totaly white whe on and it does not starting.....please give suggession of this problem...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arahnag

Hai Friends....

I Tooo Have the same problem with my phone past 11/2 year every time i use to take to nokia center and they charge 500 nearly i spent lot of money on it.... searched lot of sites but there is no solution for this even nokia people are not responding for this in this site also.....hope we have to change our brand nokia to another........

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dackozaeban

Hi guys, I am having the same problem over and over, but it was happening from while to while and only when listening music from the memory card, today the problem was enormous, I couldn't even turn on the phone without going in white screen, so I removed the memory card and guess what? The phone turned on like new :smileyhappy: then I cleaned my memory card, inserted it into the phone and it worked as it should, without any glitches, so my advice for all of you is to clean the memory card contact areas with soft material and avoid touching it with fingers. Hope this can be helpful for someone.

Please use plain text.
Amlteenrockz

Hey,guyz i had a problem before that was when i play the song my phone stuck and i need to restart it again and again.after the SW updated on my xpressmusic 5130,it's really amazing!it's free and data useage will be used.now my phone have a great speed.on internet too.try it.i hope it can help you.
Please use plain text.