Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

Registered Member

Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

I have am facing a restart problem on my nokia 5130 xpress music while playing mp3 files using music player.I have bought this phone jst 5 days ago.The phone Memory card is formatted then i hd checked it using nod32 antivirus.Its is free of viruses.My phone memory is also almost free.22.6 mb is free(used for inbuilt applications - 5MB) still i m facing this problem.I want to know how to solve this problem.many of my frnds are also facing this same problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Restart problem of nokia 5130 xpress music

please some one rply in this topic..i need some solution:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi!

try to update your firmware to the latest one (v09.42).

hope this will help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

is it for nokia 5130 xpress musci,i think it is for nokia 5310 xpress music..??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

all you can do is wait for a firmware update I'm afraid. as the phone is new out in the market, there can be a number of bugs present in the firmware. this happened when i first got my 5610 xpressmusic, it only had v4.81 and it had numerous restarting problems. then with v8.30, these were fixed and the stability of the music player fixed so it would play for many hours on end without a restart.

as far as i know, v5.80 is the inital or latest firmware u can get for your 5130 xpressmusic.

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

im really disappointed with nokia. i have nokia 5610 xpressmusic and it cannot restart! the screen goes white..and then it turns off. this didnt happen to me only! i bought a nokia phone cos they say nokia is efficient and reliable! well..ive got the proof now! this mobile has got lousy firmware. they would have beter spent the money on making the firmware more reliable rather than spending loads and loads on advertising to convince people to spend money on nothing. as i said before, this thing happens alot in this model and nokia should do something about it!

nokia5610 xpressmusic firmware quality = NIL

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i also my nokia 5130 xpress music when i turn on after  10 second he blocked  then he turf off
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

please help          
Please use plain text.
Advisor

try to reset your fone. these was posted on the other threads

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )
If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Hello issis, the latest firmware version available for this device is 6.95 (or is it 6.94? - anyway, it's 6.9x). You can check for updates at this link. Alternatively, you can directly download and install the latest Nokia Software Update and Nokia PC Suite, connect your phone, and run NSU. It will prompt you to update the firmware if there's a new version available. Make sure you backup the phone memory using PC Suite, as an update can delete everything stored in the phone memory.

If the update does not solve the problem, take it to the nearest Nokia Care Point and have it inspected.

Hope it helps... Post back your results. Good luck

Jjay, 5130 XpressMusic is an S40 device. The reset procedures that you've posted here are applicable only to S60 devices. Only the code for factory settings restore works with S40 phones.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i see, sorry about that. didnt know that it was an S40 phone.

Please use plain text.

ok thanx Jjay i hop that is work
Please use plain text.

dear brothers if u got restart problems in nokia express music, supernova, navigator serius phones first u need to check the imei number by dialing *#06#  if the number shows 123456-0-654321, ur nokia phones unique imei number is bricked. so go to ur nearest warrenty center and report this. they can rewrite ur imei number to ur phone by using nokia server.

if the imei number shows ok, this is due to any software bug, also can due to affection of viruses in memmory card or phone memmory.

so first format ur device by *#7370#. and format u r card from ur system. if u hav a stable internet connection try to update ur nokia phones software using the help of nokia pc suite. it simple.

after doing this try to play music.

Please use plain text.

how you can flash your mobile phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Ignore that post. It is irrelevant, and misleading.

S40 phones like yours cannot be "flashed" using codes. And, flashing is done by the Nokia Software Updater through the USB cable. A more serious flashing is done at Nokia Care Points using servicing methods. This is what they do with bricked phones. A reset may and may not solve problems with your phone.

AFAIK, IMEI numbers cannot be changed using firmware updates.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

5800 XpressMusic (Rock Stable) | N73 Music Edition (Never Say Die) | 1108 (Old and faithful)

If you find any post useful, click on the Green "Kudos" Button on the left to say Thank You...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i wud suggest u get the phone software reloaded from nokia-care,,,,
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I too have the same problem while texting a message or while opening my themes file my mobile gets restarted or struck and get back to the homepage .. Its hardly been two or three weeks since i purchased this mobile ....I m very worried ... Please help ...:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
deepestblue

Take it back to the shope from where you bought it and get a replacement, as it's less than a month old.

You can also try updating the firmware using NSU after making a backup of your phone memory.

Cheers,
DeepestBlue

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

I am SO disappointed. I've always held a rather high opinion of Nokia as a mobile phone brand as I've had rather qualitative experiences with older models. I've actually still got an old Nokia and it is still functioning and that in spite of all it's been through these past years. But here it comes, I thought I should update myself in what concerns my mobile phone, so I went and bought myself this cute little 5130 Xpressmusic, because a) I love music b) I like Nokia, and had always good experiences with it until today c) this model looked rather solid, and not too expensive

So, three days ago I bought myself a 5130, and everything seemed to work fine, but somehow I noticed that the battery quickly lost its power level in just 2 days, so I turned it off, and recharged it over night. Until then, everything seemed normal. But then, the next day(today)... *turns it on* --> phone asks for pin -> types pin, and proceeds -> software takes ages to load -> phone stops reacting, and turns off --> Me: "what the f-ck just happened?" *starts phone again* -> same disappointing outcome.

It crashes so fast that I can't even access its software to reset it. Basically, I can't do jackshit with it. It's dead. Kaputt. On top of that I'm currently away from home, and don't have all the accessories with me, nor do I have the guarantee bill with me, and therefore can't do anything about it.

On top of the weak battery, it has severe software issues. And apparently, it didn't improve since the time it came on the market. Such unreliability; truly appalling.   

Message Edited by lustmord on 06-Jan-2010 07:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have Nokia 5130 xpress music, and it's restart every ~3min. (phone is old only 2 weeks)
Please use plain text.