Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Restricted Phone

Restricted Phone

Hi everyone,

I have just bought a used Nokia 6100 and tried to use it with Vodaphone Pay as you go SIM card. When powered up, the screen shows a message "Phone restricted" and there is a command 'undo' at bottom right of the screen. when I press it the message "Enter restriction code" appears on the screen. Can any one tell me what this means?

The person I bought it from says the phone was with O2 but is unlocked and is not barred.

Thanks very much for any help and suggestions.

Bryan
Registered Member

Re: Restricted Phone

Hi Brian!

I am having the exact same problem with my new 6820! It's asking me for a restriction code and I have no idea how to fix it. Been on the phone with my provider and retialer and no-one knows whats wrong! really don't want to have to send it back! If you have any information on how to fix it please send it to me!

Thanks,
Sarah
Mobile Sensei

Sounds like the phone has been restricted (SIM-locked) to some other operator/carrier.

You need to find out which operator's SIM cards it is locked to, and call their customer service to have it unlocked (they may charge for the code, if it is still under contract to them).
Registered Member

This exact same thing has been happening to me too. I just bought a 6280 from the 3 network, I'm using the SIM card that came with the phone, and every so often this will pop up. I turn it off and on again and it's fine, but it's a bit of an annoyance.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Hello there, I have the same problem with my Nokia 6030.

1-You must take your phone to a mobile store and unlock it

2-you can call O2 Network Customer Service and pay them to unlock it.

3- or you can go to this address and enter your phone's IMEI NUMBER (serial number) and try it. maybe, you would win.

I tried it 3 times and it worked. and the only keys you must work with are STAR KEY AND HASH KEY.

EDIT: removed email.

Message Edited by karim on 17-Feb-2006
11:36 AM

Mobile Guru

so that would be an illegal website then?

why even post this trash when the whole question has been argued over and over? the answer is simple, if you need an unlock code you have to get it from the network the phone came from. this is the only legal way to obtain it.
Registered Member

i suffer exactly same problem withmy nokia 6280. i bought the set in uk and travelled down to nigeria but phone restricted observed each time sim card is inserted .could you pls helpme out now
Registered Member

04-Feb-2006
10:42 AM
lala_bella_blue wrote:
Hi Brian!

I am having the exact same problem with my new 6820! It's asking me for a restriction code and I have no idea how to fix it. Been on the phone with my provider and retialer and no-one knows whats wrong! really don't want to have to send it back! If you have any information on how to fix it please send it to me!

Thanks,
Sarah

i have similar problem onmy phone.have you been able to solve yours if yes kindly help me out
Ex-Moderator (Retired)

If you require an unlock or restriction code, please contact your network provider for information on how to obtain one.

This topic has been extensively discussed, there are a number of threads on this issue so I am locking this one.

Cheers
-
Karim