Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

SMS Cannot be sent from New Nokia 2730 Clasic Mode...

Registered Member
arunjyotidas

SMS Cannot be sent from New Nokia 2730 Clasic Model Mobile Phone

Hi,

I purcheshed a new NOkia 2730 Classic 3G enabled Mobile Handset having 1 GB Micro SD Memory card attached .

I am able to recieve Text messages , But Could not able to send text messages .

I tried to enter the message settings to change the message centre no.,if needed.

Message Settings -> Text Messages > Select

Then I get warning like "Message Storage memory not ready".

Even from the Shortcut of Creating Message ,(Right Key of Central 4-key Navigation).

I tried to send a message .It gives almost same message "SIM Card not ready".

I waited more than 48 hours to get the SIM ready but nothing has been changed.

I tried with aother SIM card also and with/without the memory card also .(MY SIM can recieve and send sms from any other Handset)

I tried emtying all SIM messages ,Phone Messages and resetting the factory setting.

But all in vain .

Somebody Please help .

Arunjyoti Das

Mizoram

Saiha Dist.

Please use plain text.