Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: SMS messaging chat feature

Accepted Solution

SMS messaging chat feature

I have always been a low end nokia user eying on the better phones but never owning one. I have gone through low end phones like the 3310, 3210, 1108, 1100, and 1600. One thing loved about these phones was the chat feature that was built in for messaging. This feature I used a great deal as it was easy see the past few massages sent by me and my texting partner all on one screen.

I have noticed however as the phones has gotten better and newer technologies were introduced this feature was no longer a staple on these new phones. I am currently using the nokia 3500 classic and would love to obtain an application or addon to allow my phone to use a similar chat interface. I have done some research that have lead me to applications such as Nokia conversation or SMS chat but these applications are not available for my s40 3500 classic.

I would like any advice or support that could be given to me on this matter.

Please use plain text.
Professor

If your phone does not have it and there is no java solution available then perhaps the only way forward is to change the phone ?

It seems the latest Series 40 phone, X3, is having this feature. /discussions/board/message?board.id=phones&message.id=62917&query.id=102377#M62917

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
QuinceARJxxx

Agree yes it does and I have an Nokia X3, instead of viewing your SMS messages as an Inbox you can change it into "Conversations" .
Al Gore didn't invented the Internet.
If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble, You win Forever!
Please use plain text.
Harrigeorge78

I have a nokis asha 201 can I turn the chat off asI don't like it. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you check whether you have..Menu-->Messaging-->Message Settings-->General settings-->Change Message View ..?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ajitpandit

Yes, conversation is better to chat by sms, but no option to delete messages by marking.
Please use plain text.