Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Saving contacts its mobile number is saving co...

Contributor
Jimbo19844

Saving contacts its mobile number is saving contact to phone - Asha 311

Hi,

When I add a contact with his number is section Contacts/Mobile Number, this contact is getting saved on the phone.

But if I add this contact with his number in Home Number it is saved on the SIM itself.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed? I want to add a person his mobile phone, in the correct section of Mobile Phonen AND at my SIMcard.

Best regards,
Jimmy
Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Re: Saving contacts its mobile number is saving contact to phone - Asha 311

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

How did you save a contact number on your Asha 311? Note that once you have added a number to a particular contact, it will automatically save in the phone memory. The SIM card memory can only save names with one phone number attached to them. 

Since the SIM card has a limited memory, it's best to copy yours contacts from the SIM card to the phone memory. This can be done by going to Contacts > Options (upper left corner of the screen) > Settings > Copy contacts > Select Memory > from SIM to phone.

If you want to see all of your contacts on both SIM card and phone memory, go to Contacts > Options (upper left corner of the screen) > Settings > Memory in use > Phone and SIMYou can also set the memory in use to Phone

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Please use plain text.