Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Set Nokia 5230 to request lock code (not pin) at s...

Counsellor
Raxiel
Accepted Solution

Set Nokia 5230 to request lock code (not pin) at startup.

Hi,

As the title suggests I want to set my 5230 to request the lock code at startup (the one thats 12345 by default). But not to request the code when bringing it out of standby.

I used to have it set that way, but since updating the firmware I can only find the option to request the sim pin or to set it to lock after x minutes.

Has it changed in v40 or am I being thick?

Thanks

N8 Owner
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Set Nokia 5230 to request lock code (not pin) at startup.

I think setting the SIM PIN to ON may do the trick...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Raxiel

Re: Set Nokia 5230 to request lock code (not pin) at startup.

That would secure the phone, but as I say, i want it to request the security code, not the sim pin code.

I'd rather use the lock code than pin code so unsupervised little fingers can't block the sim with 3 wrong guesses at the code.

For now i've just set it to autolock after 720 minutes. I'd assume it wasn't possible to set it to only ask at switchon (and offline mode) if i'd not had it set up just that way before updating the f/w

N8 Owner
Please use plain text.