Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Shall i contact NCC ?

Professor
satyam384

Shall i contact NCC ?

Hai,

I am using asha 311 device and i think its not giving a good battery back up in "3G" mode.

i just noted its battery life was just "15 hours 20 min" (it was charged full today early morning  by 12.03  and got empty now at 3.20pm) .[ whatsapp and mail app ware ONLY always On applications,and accessed this discussions site two times through nokia express browser,NO calls nothing.]

Is this normal or else should i contact NCC ?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Shall i contact NCC ?

@satyam384

Are you in a strong 3G reception area as certainly uses more current if hunting between GSM and 3G? If you want Whatsapp and Mail on all the time there is going to be a price to pay in battery life.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

yes there is the network provider tower near by my house ! and i set my network mode to only 3G not even dual mode !:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

actually, 15 hours is AWESOMELY GREAT! Mine lasts for only 5 hours in 3g.. well cause I'm always browsing the net plus music.

Today I tried with 2g, and it goes for 9 hours internet+music.
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

using 2G i get 1day++ battery life easily(internet plus music(not all the time)).:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

wow.

I also watch videos on it, movies, MV, etc. Then run the mail and chat app in the background.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

The battery life is pretty good. Its just that we don't leave this poor thing alone anytime :smileyhappy:

The life is still good. My sister cries over the battery life of Glxy Y =)) I love my cute little phone :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

yes bro i agree with you.My friend has glxy Y and use that with very low brightness and  he says that its battery life is very poor and gives battery back up of ONLY 4 hrs in 2G mode itself.so what about 3G !!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Just hope your wish of Brightness Controller gets fulfilled in the next Software release :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyvery-happy:
Or better the Ambient Light Sensor gets some brain :smileyhappy:. For now, it just does almost nothing :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
Aniefiok

In terms of good battery backup,asha 302 is the best,mine last up to 3days with 3G,mail and whatapp still running on the background.
Nokia is the best!!!
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

[ Edited ]

@singhnsk :

Ya truly waiting for that brightness option in the next update.:smileyhappy:

ambient sensor doesnt work effectively !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Well it just doesn't work properly in any phone, but here it seems to be doing nothing. Tried calibrating it but not much success still :smileysad:

@aniefiok: Just running in the background or using whatsapp too? Anyways, it has got a bigger battery so more juice :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

hopefully in the next release of software update, the brightness option will be included, and NO bug with it.. that same bug that killed my 303.

what is the battery model of 302? 303 is BP-3L.. never made a day with it during its lifetime last year.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

Hope nokia software developing team considers this ! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.