Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Still how long ????

Professor
satyam384

Still how long ????

hi all,

still how long we need to wait for latest update of asha 311 ?????

need the brightness adjusting option badly !!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

As posted in the other thread two days ago you will have to wait its not going to in a few day mate just be patient.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Exactly. Just as Jimmy said, you better wait or contact someone at Nokia Care. The care staff has better knowledge about future updates than the people here.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

true ! but it has been too long after the previous release ! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its not been long really as ive pointed out before.
1-PEOPLE gave out half baked updates ,
2-Nokia takes in feedback
3-The time consumption to get it right.

So in short nokia will release a stable worthy update when possible nokia do not give release dates for updates.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jmmm

And why you need it so urgently?

Even a "big" step and update time from 3.90 to 5.92, and not too much changes. Almost all our feedback and suggestions go directly to trash :smileysad: :angry: (yes, maybe a new update can solve WiFi, but because it's a single, big fail, and previously working).

I don't even try now to test, suggest or feedback. Just wondering what my next "top-dumb" phone will be. Other one, i.e. smartphone - clearly, Nokia, not. Even being a big fan from years and years ago. No more.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@jimmyireland : ok thats fine.

oh god,still how many years long ! :smileytongue: 

@jmm : 

truly said !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

@Jmmm: Well its not that whatever you expect or give feedback for will be implemented in the next update or ever.
Once a phone is released, its just almost final with its Software. New updates are more importantly pushed to bring in stability and not lots of new features. Sure we'll welcome anything new being added with the update.

For now I only hope it brings more stability and solution to some common problems such as WiFi. Armagon said an good improvement to WiFi will be made available in the next update. Lets wait a little more and hope the update will be worth the wait :smileyhappy:

About the feedback, where was the feedback left? I'm sure noone contacted Nokia through proper channels to leave their feedback. These forums are just for User to User discussions with not much involvement from Nokia Support. However I do hope Nokia starts collecting feedback through these forums. A good implementation will be to give Top Contributors the power to flag an important or worthy post to be looked in by someone from Nokia. These are just my views though :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
Aniefiok

I need the update badly.
Nokia is the best!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jmmm

Musts, missing (like brightness) and bugs are not new features. Just bad design and saving time and cost, even other same phone series, even low-end, having them and much more.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

Honestly, can't give any schedule at the moment. I have escalated e.g. the WLAN bug through several channels, but it's out of my hands how urgently a fix is made.

"reason" for manual display brightness control missing from Asha 311: the device has ambient light sensor, which should adjust the screen brightness automatically. However I agree that is not an optimal solution for all use cases. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Nokia X Software Platform 1.2 update for (X/X+/XL):
http://www.nokia.com/global/nokia-x-updates

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@armagon : 

not demanding to say the exact time and date of release, but we are saying that we have few problems regarding the present version so release an update ASAP(A little lower end phones also has got brightness option,as u mentioned earlier) ! :smileyhappy: 

AND ambient light sensor ....... i couldn't identify whether it works or not !!!!!!!! 

Rather than that sensor, BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTING OPTION is much much BETTER ! (can reduce intensity at nights).

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

release an update with brightness option !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

satyam384 wrote:

release an update with brightness option !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By now, you should be aware that this is a User-to-User Forum.  If you want Nokia to hear your concerns, use the 'Nokia Support' tab at the bottom of this page. Pl. don't go on posting the same request here on this Forum as we users can't release any update.

Please use plain text.
CedricJohn

i Think the Sensor is a bit Buggy.

When I'm in Outside of the House and the light is Strong The Brightness is High

When I'm on me bedroom and watching Anime in Asha 311 With no light The Brightness is Low.

I want to give it back. i wish they Give it a Replacement with a proper and working Sensor. or i need to go to nokia Care Center to Check the Sensor?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

same situation, when I block my thumb on the light sensor, the screen dims, then when outside, it brightens.

not a manufacture defect, it is designed that way...
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

but i dont find any changes like that,whether keeping my thumb on light sensor or not ! the brightness remains same !!!!

i thing what u were saying is about BACKLIGHT TIMEOUT ?????? ryt  ?????

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Cadz

no.. what i'm referring to is the ambient light sensors effect on the brightness of the screen.
Nokia Lover since childhood.
my phones are 3120c, 303, and 311.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sufyan540

ha yar , i am also cant use my asha 311 at night due to its high brightness, we want brightness option in new 

update and we all also want copy past function and dictinary as function as nokia has given to nokia asha 308.

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

yes need them badly !

Please use plain text.