Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Subscribe to packet data first

Registered Member
sorin_cis

Subscribe to packet data first

I can't download anything. Says "subscribe to packet data first". Can somebody help me?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: Subscribe to packet data first

[ Edited ]

Hi sorin_cis,

Welcome to the Nokia discussion forums and thank you for your first post. 

In regards to your issue this is most likely due to the data either not being activated or the packet settings not correct. If you  select Menu > Settings > Configuration > Preferred access point; Choose your operator access point.

What I recommend you do is also call your network provider and they should be able to resolve this for you. 

If not then please get back on this thread and we can do some more troubleshooting.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
suzanaabu

Menu-setting-configuration-default config.sett.-personal config.-default in all apps.-yes-personal settings choose my web-Homepage http://google.com or any you like. DONE.go menu-internet .:smileyhappy: this is in C-03
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lo2ga

Please, help me to subscribe package data
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Lo2ga wrote:
Please, help me to subscribe package data

You need to contact your Operator for that. Get the plan activated and then request them to send the Access Points settings. These are normally sent thru' an SMS. When you receive the message, open and select SAVE. There you go.. Happy surfing ...

BTW, it is Packet Data..

Please use plain text.
richy29

I can't download anything on my phone. I need help please
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

You need to provide more details..(Your device model). Do you have an ACTIVE Data plan from your Operator ? If No, you need to get one activated.. After that request the Operator to send Access Points settings. These are normally sent thru' SMS. When you receive ..open and select SAVE ...

If you already have the plan activated and also the settings, then are you able to browse Internet ? Is the problem only during Downloading ? Do you get any error message ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
elfl

Hi!

I had the same problem with my nokia 8600. I first thought that it's impossible to solve, then found your forum and started to work on the problem.

First - changed the access point in configurations like it is said here(finally opera mini worked after that!)

Next, after reading the forum and seeing that everything is as it must, i called my operator and asked why i can't connect.

They linked me to their technical support.

And here what he did:

He said - right click on my computer->Hardware-> device manager->modem

Chose your telephone modem (mine is under the name "standard modem over bluetooth link"

Right click on said modem, enter properties->advanced. there is a empty line under "Extra Initializations Commands".

Then he gave me some data to enter in that line. For every provider it is different. Just call your operator for that. mine was AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","proxy"

Anyway, asking your provider is always helping, if you had done what is advised in this forum and still can't connect.

Hope I was helpful, cheers
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hskuser

You need internet settings vist your network operator
Please use plain text.
Buliseti

Ma watsapp say i must suscribe to packet data first wn i want to logg inn ,wt must i d
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you read all the posts above ? Are you getting the Message even after following these suggestions ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zaazaazaa

How do i subscribe to packet data in my phone? Nokia 5130XP
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jimslaw

This how i solved d packet data connections for apps(e.g opera mini) for my network in Nigeria(MTN NG). For 5130xp,Go to setting->configuration->personal confg->add new,input ur network details e.g mine is>account name:MTN ACCESS->Username:web->Password:web->Access point:web.gprs.mtnnigerianet.com. Then u press back afterward select as preffered access point finish. Also d problem might b from nt selecting ur network settings as the defaut configurations settings.
Jimslaw
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Go to the link given below for appropriate settings-

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=111656

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Alfingo

I ve regiter with Nokia account. It was so difficult.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Twene

If i tried to watch vedios on you tube the phone reads suscribe to packet data first,please help me to suscribe .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Do you have an active data plan from your Operator ? Are the Access points set correctly ? Read the posts above to know how to do that if not done already...

Please use plain text.
jay17

i cant open my application facebook on my phone nokia 5070 says " subscribe to packet data firts" pls help me?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

What about other applications that need Internet connection ? If you get the same problem then hope you have read and followed the posts above.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kadakkavoor

I can't play videos from net. My mobile is Nokia 5310 xpressmusic
Please use plain text.