Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Text or PDF or ebook reader for Nokia 6300

Text or PDF or ebook reader for Nokia 6300

Hi,
I just got my 6300 and for the most part I'm pleased with it. I was hoping I could install some software on it to read text files I use for geocaching. I can convert these to pdf or prc or pdb or txt or doc or whatever format necessary but I've not been able to find s/w that will work on an S40 phone that will read any of these formats.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated - I've googled till my fingers bleed.

Mark
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: Text or PDF or ebook reader for Nokia 6300

try this
http://www.getjar.com/products/7727/Libris
..if anyone runs into a pdf reader somewhere for the 6300 do post the link!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

you can get it from www.getjar.com i downloaded it yesterday,it views txt files with some error but better than nothing! find youngreader for nokia 6300 on getjar.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I use merlin ebook to jpg,png,bmp. It converts pdf,ms word to image files and organize it as pages in a folder. Save them at 320 x 240. View them full screen then flip pages with navigation buttons. adjustable font size, style and color as you like.

new version: http://www.merlinsoftware.com/ebook/index.htm

older version: http://www.download.com/eBook-to-Images/3000-2125_4-10628800.html
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Wattpad is an excellent ebook reader and it is compatible with the Nokia 6300. I've used it myself and found it pretty easy to figure out. 
Please use plain text.
Sage
abhishekkai08

dear text reader is already built in 6300 all you need it copy that file to the phone and open it from the gallery frm wherever you copied it.For pdf files you can try the above mentioned softwares...
Was this post of some help? Click 'Kudos' star on the right hand side of this post. Your gesture will be highly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rdgamer

the best ebook reader for nokia s40 is a software named "MJ BOOK MAKER". this can convert any text file into a JAR file and you can easily run it on your device.

I've been using this for an year and read several of books on it.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wilywarewarbler

Thanks for the encouragement. I had been getting 'File format not supported' but realised I was looking at rich text format files (.rtf). When I tried bluetoothing down a plain text file (.txt) it was visible but only the first, less than 3000, characters. It solves my problem though as I can just cut my bigger plain text file into lots of little ones. They are visible in the Organiser under Notes. Thanks again!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ebookman

[ Edited ]

use pdf and try calibre.

The new version of ePub is out! it lets u put videos and sounds in the book and a few other complicated things in the book. the only problem is that putting this stuff in is very complicated programing u will need a Manuel conversion.  the free software just isn't going to cut it! i used  pdf to ebook they did  a really good job on my video book.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ebooks

Hey I would try to avoid using just the tool's alone if u know any programing u could do the extra programing required your self. If not then try a Manuel converter that way the files can matinee the correct formatting and wont look like gibberish. I used a this site convert pdf to ebook 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishalkumarsahu

Tell alternate regarding s40 devices to read out .pdf format without involvement of email to gmail.
Please use plain text.