Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

The buttons of my nokia 5310 respond weirdly.

Contributor
Mikxling
Accepted Solution

The buttons of my nokia 5310 respond weirdly.

A week ago, the buttons of my phone were acting weird. When i press the left selection key it responds with call key, right selection key responds with cancel key, up navigation key with down nav key and left nav key with right nav button. All other keys worked well. I switched off the phone for a week only to switch on and find the phone is normal again. I was wondering what the problem was or will it return again? NB: its outer body is a mess-Broken
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: The buttons of my nokia 5310 respond weirdly.

The problem is likely either due to physical or moisture damage so it could well happen again or stop working completely.

Given the age of that model your best option is to buy a new phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mikxling

Its most likely the moisture. Ill just buy a new body asap. But am not thinking of giving up the phone.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

If it's moisture the damage is already done to the mainboard and buying a new body won't fix it. There's plenty of cheap, better alternatives to the 5310 out there as things have changed greatly since it's release in 2007.
Please use plain text.