Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Unable to Connect to the Internet - Asha 501

Registered Member
anna312

Unable to Connect to the Internet - Asha 501

[ Edited ]

I had bought dis nokia asha 501-red and its really good.But i can't connect to the internet.I had called the service provider and did as they told.But i received a message "this mobile is not provisionable".What does it mean?Can anybody here help me out??

Moderator's Note: The subject was amended as we have created a new thread for the concern.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet - Asha 501

[ Edited ]

anna312, which network operator do you use, in which country?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

anna312 wrote:

But i received a message "this mobile is not provisionable".

Either you could go back to the shop and have them take care of it or you could visit the SP website for the right packet-data settings and set Asha 501 up manually

On Asha 501 go to Settings (gear wheel) > Dual SIM > scroll down to Access points > Internet > tap + > choose Access point type.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kirtgiuhg

I'm also facing the same prblm i checked as you said and i dont know which access point to use . i use bsnl and the access points shown are
bsnl net(nap)
bsnl live (nap)
bsnl mms(nap)
bsnllive(proxy)
bsnl mms(proxy
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

MMS is for sending multimedia messages. Live is the WAP stuff of your network provider – nowadays you need that only when you need to be authenticated by your mobile number (WAP billing). Proxy is for old phones. Network Access Point (NAP) is for new ones like yours.

Therefore, have you tried BSNL net?

Please use plain text.