Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to play online video on my Asha 501. Please...

Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: Unable to play online video on my Asha 501. Please help.

Kmuno, okay. Then instead of Streaming and Internet, please, go to Browser. There, create a new account via the plus button. As ‘Access Point’ select this Nap. Then, select (just highlight) this account. If that does not hel, link ‘Access Point’ to ‘Default access points’. Did that help?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kmuno

No its not working
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

OK, last idea, create a new streaming account, as well. Link that to one of the other Internet accounts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
armin144

after updating my 501 youtube does not stream anymore. previously it was working fine. I have tried all the solutions suggested so far to no avail.please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

armin144, then we cannot help. Or we start from the scratch and double-check each step: Which error message do you get? Did you try via GSM or via Wi-Fi?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
armin144

hi, I use wifi, it was working perfectly fine before upgrade .now it shows the streaming video locked on 0% buffering for 1 second and then says "sorry.there is a problem with your connection"

I tried other pre installed apps such as vuclip and it works fine 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

armin144, does your data plan allow a single test via GSM? Just to double-check.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
armin144

just tell me how to restore my phone to previous version, because I did a little investigation and found out that everybody who has updated his phone has such problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

armin144, no problem here with my Nokia Asha 501. Just double-checked. Furthermore, I do not know any trick to go back to a previous firmware version. That is something, Nokia does not officially support. Because it works here, I suspect a configuration issue we might be able solve (if there isn’t a specific bug with your SIM).

Please use plain text.
Advisor
LucasLopes

My problem was that I couldn't stream Youtube videos with my Wifi connection. I read all posts on this forum and couldn't find any solution. Then, I read somewhere that there was an update for Nokia Xpress browser, but for some reason we couldn't get it.

Summing up, if you can't stream youtube videos on Asha 501, it may be because of your Nokia Xpress version. It's 3.0 (or something) by default. Try updating it to 3.9 by accessing this link from your current Nokia Browser and update it

http://download.browser.ovi.com/

It worked for me and now I can see as many Youtube videos as I can, and I hope it works for you as well.
Please use plain text.