Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Urgent !!!! My Asha 501 cannot search wifi netwo...

Contributor
jeremysiu

Urgent !!!! My Asha 501 cannot search wifi network

Hello!! I am a new user of Asha 501, and I use it for a while and no problem. But I found that I cannot search wifi hotspot recently and sometimes I cannot open and close wifi easily when I press the wifi button.

When I opened both bluetooth and wifi, It disconnect my bluetooth headset. I don't know what's going on, and please help me to solve this problem. I have google it so long time, but it do not have similar cases let me to refer.

Thank you very much!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: Urgent !!!! My Asha 501 cannot search wifi network

You mean phone is not showing wi-fi connections available after switching ON wifi?. There may chances the wifi is hidden and you need to add it manually.

If wifi on the phone isn't switching ON after hitting the wifi icon I suggest you to reset the phone to factory defaults or take it Nokia care center.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

My home wifi is open and no password. It still cannot search any SSID. This phone I bought from oversea where my country don't have after sales service. I am so sure it is phone problem, but I dunno how to solve it. I have reset it factory default setting, but I doesn't help.

Do you have any idea ?

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

From which country you bought it?. I am not sure where else in the world Asha 501 is sold other than India. Also the phone supports only WiFi standard b and g, unlike smartphones where you see b,g and n.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

I bought it in Thailand Nokia Store, and I am from China.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

The case is that when wifi closed and bluetooth open, my bluetooth headset connect Asha 501 normally.

But when I also open wifi at this time, It is forced disconnect my bluetooth headset and wifi is still cannot search any hotspot. When I shutdown wifi at this time, It hold it over 30 seconds to achieve and lastly my bluetooth headset re-connected !!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jeremysiu wrote:

I use it for a while and no problem.

Did you use it on your Nokia Asha 501 successfully in the past? With your Wi-Fi access-point at home, the one which creaes trouble now?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

From the Nokia developer website I see there are three models of Asha 501. RM902,RM900 and RM899. Only the RM902 has WiFi and has dual SIM functionality http://developer.nokia.com/Devices/Device_specifications/Asha_501/

can you type *#0000# from phone dialer and check what type you see there?.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

YES, Before Yesterday, I used it well. But now wherever at home and outside public wifi that my phone don't search hotspot successfully.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

After *#0000# the result is as follow :

Model : 501

Type : RM-902

MCU Version : 10.0.2

ROFS Version : 10.0.1

Content version : 10.0.1

Product Code : 059T1W9

Date : 2013-05-19 11:38:39

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

jeremysiu wrote:

Before Yesterday, I used it well.

Then, a hardware failure is very likily. Double-check by bringing your Nokia 210 to a Nokia Care Centre which will refurbish the software/firmware first. After that, if Wi-Fi still does not even find a network, you know you have a hardware issue (which might not be repaired for free because it worked for a long time).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jeremysiu

OK.... Thank you very much~

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Ok RM902 is the one with WiFi, you need to take it Nokia care and explain the situation. Sounds like a problem with Wifi module itself.

Please use plain text.