Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

WANTING A NOKIA WITH A LARGE FONT?????

WANTING A NOKIA WITH A LARGE FONT?????

Hi,
I am looking at buying a new Nokia phone, I have the Nokia 6120 at the moment and although I have the Font set to LARGE, it is still quite small.
Does anyone no of any latest Nokia's that have bluetooth, with a good size font and a decent size keypad???
There are so many on the market and you are never able to see one working before you buy it.
some of my older phones have had a larger text than the one I have now.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: WANTING A NOKIA WITH A LARGE FONT?????

[ Edited ]
Larger screen = larger fonts.

The N95 8GB has the largest screen 2.8", the old N95 has 2.6" and the N81 and N82 have 2.4" screens.

As an alternative you could buy a program to enlarge the fonts.

http://shop.psiloc.com/en/Application,262290,Psiloc+Font+Magnifier

Message Edited by psychomania on 18-Mar-2008 10:27 AM
Counsellor

I have a 6300 which has an option to increase font size. Unlike most phones it does actually make the text legible if you have problems like me. I also have an N95 8gb with the psiloc font enlarger application and it works brilliantly. Without the application the "large" text is no bigger than any other phones default setting. You have to buy into the whole N series thing though which might not interest you. Personally I love it.
Registered Member

can u tell me how to do this please the 6300 text size is brill and he only thing spoining the n95 8gb is u cant make text bigger cheers
Registered Member

I too have the 6120 but have been unable to find anywhere on it where I can enlarge the font, which I find is ridiculously small for my aging eyes. I tried Settings, but couldn't find anything about fonts...I know I probably sound extremely ignorant, but any help for this user would be appreciated
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You can enlarge the font on a 6120classic by using the program in the link below.

http://shop.psiloc.com/en/Application,262290,Psiloc+Font+Magnifier

Try the demo and see if it does the job for you.
Registered Member

The Nokia 3110c has large fonts for texting and is configurable in the phone book. I would suggest using only the normal size in the phonebook. Blue tooth is included. Very decent size battery.. The keypads are good old white on black and quite a decent size probably the biggest in any current nokia. The signal strength is among one the best i have tested in a nokia GSM mobile. The screen would be good if where more like the nokia 6300. But works in the sun and is quite acceptable. Seems to display like a mono screen in Bright sunlight. I have had mine 2 and a half years with no problems and has been purchased for all our staff where i work with no complaints.

The 3110c is an ecellant everyday GSM mobile for talking and texting which can last up to a week on one charge. It is not for people who need a smart phone. But has enough features to keep you organised.

Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to install the demo version of the software Psiloc sofware on my E52. The thing is that it's givving an error massage - "Udate error". Any suggestions?

I need software that enlarges all the font without using smth like a magnifier. Just like the font enalrger for the SMS and deep menu's. But I won't everything, when you press options in the menu, the first menu - everything

Advisor
reytess

can your link be applicable to Nokia C500. i am using one and same problem with me, fonts are too small.

Counsellor

It happens that the E52 has the Psiloc Font Magnifier already installed in the phone and you could update it if you want.

Professor
nagendranr24

3110c lasting for a week?? Thats exaggerated!!
It wont last for a couple of days even in standby mode:smileysad:
Advisor
reytess

My suggestioign is Nokia 7230 slide, fonts are b

Counsellor

[ Edited ]

Now I have the Font Magnifier tuned to 130% the character are bigger but also look bolder and they blend in together. Which makes them hard to read. Is there a way to make them not so bold or separate the letters apart or may be install a new Font. I saw on Ovi Store a program Font Zoomer but there is no demo, or trial and I'm not sure that it will do the job. The cost is 5Euro and if is not what I'm looking for it's go'na be money not well spend. Has someone tried it or has some experienced it, impression?

Registered Member
aahemani

x2 is also good option... It depends what other features you are looking for ... nokia product with good font size start from $35 - $500 +++ , for check solution u can opt c1/c2/x2 etc for exp solution u can select any E / N series phone