Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: WIFI/mobile data problem in Asha 311

jekiboi20

Re: How to find the MAC address of an Asha 311?

@prsassoc wrote

I have a problem with a new asha 311.  The WLAN I want to connect through has MAC filtering, so I need to find the MAC address of my phone.  On some Nokia models  it is said you can enter *#MAC WLAN#, but when I do that there is no response.  I also looked on the serial number label under the battery - but no luck.

What is the procedure to find the MAC address for this phone?

Hi prsassoc,

Welcome the the forum.

You can locate the MAC address of your phone by selecting Wi-Fi, and then long tap one of the available WLANs, and select Details.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kAte100888

im experiencing the same issue. i've tried doing *#7780#, i tried to do restore factory settings, i even tried to update my software but its not installing.. i downloaded nokia suite, still not installing the update.. i tried to call but the rep keeps on telling me to do the trouble shooting steps i've done over and over again..i even tried to chat with a rep, no help at all.. is there any other way to fix this issue?

Please use plain text.
m3lm

[ Edited ]

I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE !!!!
1ST : you have to delete the internet configuration message that comes from the operator (Settings > Configuration > default config.sett.) and delete the whole settings that showed there (hold on the setting until it shows [set as default and delete] )
2ND : set the net connection to Ask First (Settings > Connectivity > Net connection) and choose ask first !
3RD : restart your phone and try to use any app or browser IT WILL WORK !!
P.S : Nokia browser will ask for mobile data connection so i advice to use another browser like Opera..
And concerning mobile data if you want to set up again you can ask your operator to send the conf. message again. and u will have both connections together when asking for connections BUT BE CAREFUL !! DON'T SET THE CONF. MESSAGE AS THE DEFAULT CONN.TYPE AGAIN .. JUST SAVE IT !! TO STILL HAVING (ASK FIRST ) FUNCTION !!
and please Nokia Release a new update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If any trouble u can ask me : xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com

Moderator's note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
prsassoc

Thanks jekiboi20. That did the trick.
Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

@prsassoc You're welcome.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rdlovesu

take ur sim out.. then surf net via wifi fir few minutes without any sim.in the cell... then put the sim back in cell n cell will start using wifi.!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikis2000

On Nokia Asha devices there is a tehnical problem. This is a major problem. This is also very important for users that they do not have a data conncetion and they use the SIM card only for dials and SMS s. They want to use WI-FI. Do not forget that asha devices cannot connect to all wireless networks like Android. The phone or his wireless adapter is outdated or uncopatible with the advanced encryption. Some apps like facebook, chat, twitter, store are accesing the settings, but the settings recognises the sim card iserted. So the settings automatically decide that the deafult network is data network. There is no setting to set wifi acces only. BUT THERE IS A SOLUTION. Turn off your phone, pull out your SIM card and try again. Now settings will decide that there is no SIM and the deafult connection is WI-FI.

Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

A request to those users who are not able to use Wi-Fi (WLAN) with Xpress Browser / other apps & services (and receiving those "turn mobile data on" etc. error messages instead):

could you tell us in which country you are based on what operator SIM-card you are using?

based on our investigation this would be a problem with the operator settings, not a phone SW issue. It would be important to know what are the affected operators, so that we can do further testing on the topic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
smartlogik

Hi there,

I'm experiencing this very same problem with the Nokia Asha 311 where by I can't connect via WiFi to surf the internet or use internet apps. II always asks to switch on the mobile data feature to connect. I'm from St.lucia in The Caribbean and my SP is Digicel St.lucia.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheer!!!:thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kadamtawtg

Same problem ?please slove my problem
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kadamtawtg

My Nokia asha mobile phone prperly not working? Restor factory not working and suich of my new nokia asha311? How do i suich on my phone,please slove my oll proble. Need restore my phone immedieatly.
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

kadamtawtg:

you may need to take your phone to the closest Care Service point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mtthu

thanks dude am also got my wifi , why this problem was raised?

tapau wrote:

OK guys, i've the solution for this asha 311.

-type *#7780# on your dialler.

*msg "selecting"setting only"will reset...bla..bla...bla

-select Yes/Continue.

*security code.... 12345 (or ur own code)

-restarting

*then u'll c 2.5G from ur provider beside battrey indicator

it's working NOW with mobile data OFF, we can surf through free WiFi w/out any cost.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
invisibleone

Thank you friend, it's works :thumbsup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NamaloomShaqs

Default code is not working 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sugarz

how to get interent service on nokia asha 311 to work..im not even gettin my wifi to work..
and i want to make dis work without removing mms settings..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sugarz

so does mms still work after this settings?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sugarz

how did you solve it, please share.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhilaas0610

[ Edited ]

A very good news for people using Asha 311 and suffering from wifi and streaming problem.
Well i came to know that most of the people using asha 311 r suffering from a typical wifi issue, like they cannot surf the net in wifi connection, u either get a error like 'turn on mobile data' or if mobile data is on operator deducts ur balance.
Ok lets **bleep** to the solloution fast.
INDEED THERE IS A BUG IN THE FIRMWARE, BUT SUM TROUBLESHOOTING CAN SOLVE THE ISSUE.
WELL LETS START-
a) open settings go to configaration and open default configaration settings,
b) there delete all the configaration settings u have (make sure u delete all of them including personal config. settings),
c) now go to personal cofig.settings and create a new setting (access point),in there make "use prefered access point as "no". Now click to 'bearer settings" and put the access point name the one which ur sim operator provides.
d) now press "back" 3-4 times and "activate" the setting.
e) it almost done,now press the cancel button,
f) connect to ur neareast wifi network and surf the net fre of cost in wifi, (make sure u dont download or make any other config. settings,bcoz it will bring back ur wifi problem, (but dont worry the setting u made will also help u to use the net in ur mobile data mode),
g) well if u r using 'wpa-psk or wpa2-psk wifi network,then u can only surf and download. BUT IF U USE A OPEN WIFI NETWORK (with no security) then u can surf,download ,as well as do video streaming.
h) so i think i solved the asha 311 wifi and streaming issue as most of my friends have got 100% results from this troubleshooting.
i) but still if any of asha 311 user need any support,then they can contact me by sending a mail to-xxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com,
as well as my fb account using the second mail.bye.enjoy.

Moderator's note: E-mail addresses were removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
m1203

Recently bough Nokia Asha 311. A problem appeared: WiFi keeps on switching off the moment, when some program requests from Internet. Behavior: I run browser, page loads via Wifi, then I try toopen another page, browser doesn't open it, wifi icon (looks like fan) disappears, browser shows an error. Folowing attemprs are not successful until I switch off and on the wifi adapter again. Everything works again, for a while,Then problem reappears.
When I setup IP telephony, and it connects through wifi automatically, the wifi connection stops working after a while. First my phone is available for SIP call, and then aftera  while - unavailable. The wifi icon disappears, the connection does not restore.
I looked up the solutions on forums, tried hints from there. The *#7780# and *#7370# combinations don't help.
My friends who have Asha 311 have the same problem.

Please fix this problem.

Please use plain text.