Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

WIFI/mobile data problem in Asha 311

Registered Member
mohsinrasool
Accepted Solution

WIFI/mobile data problem in Asha 311

Hi

I have bought Asha 311 few days ago. I want to use Internet through its Wifi. I switched on Wifi, connected to my wifi internet. Then I go to Social app or Internet app and it gives me following error.

"Your Mobile Data is off. Please turn it back on by Setting > Connectivity > Mobile Data"

When I turn it on, Internet does work but not through the wifi but through the Mobile operator's data network which costs too much. I want it use my WIFI connect ion for the internet.How Can I fix it? 

Is it a software problem (it looks like to me)? Anyone else has this problem?

jaypardi

Re: WIFI/mobile data problem in Asha 311

Even I am experienceing the same problem. I was downloading songs through Nokia Music kepping my WIFI network ON, today I got the message from my network service provider that so & so MB data was used. I could see the WiFi symbol on the top. I had set first priorty to WiFi & still I had to pay for the data. It means WiFi system is failure.

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

There's indeed a bug in the software and almost everyone is experiencing it.
There's an issue with the wi-fi connection, 2.5G and 3.5G are working perfectly though.

However, you can try changing the net connection (in settings > Connectivity) to ask first if that solves it for you. It worked in some cases.

If not, nothing more we can do except waiting for a software update. Hope it will be here soon.
dontknockme

Nokia Asha 311 not able to connect to Wifi "Network No longer Available"

Just few days ago, I got my new Nokia Asha 311. While trying to connect to Wifi (Even unsecured ones) I am getting error "Network No longer Available" .Other mobiles and laptops are easily able to connect to the same Wifi.

Someone please help.

Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Nokia Asha 311 not able to connect to Wifi "Network No longer Available"

There's apparently some problem with the phone's software. Many users are experiencing that. Hope a software update till resolve it.
Professor

don't have 311, but saw on some video that you can turn GPRS OFF totally from the "drawer". if you do that and leave WiFi ON then it shoudl use WiFi only, right ?

btw. atleast in the past some of these Nokia pre-installed apps (like social ..) have wanted to use GPRS eventhough WiFi has been chosen .. some sort of app bug ?

Contributor
Iqflash

Hi. Everyone !

WiFi is giving me tough time here, it's not working and I have updated to latest SW Update and it didn't fix the problem. NOKIA.... when is it going to be fixed ? it's becoming a pain since WiFi is not working on this and making me mad day by day... :angry:

Registered Member
Jignesh3305

I facing same problem... my facebook and watsup are working nice in wifi... but cant use OVI and internet.

Registered Member
Ahzeb

Hi everybody,

I purchased ASHA 311 on 15-09-12. I am also facing the same problem with my handset. When I access internet or OVI store or Nokia Maps it asks me whether I want to use WiFi or Mobile Data, obviously I select WiFi. But after finishing my browsing it gives me the notification that a particular amount has been deducted from my phone balance. 

I didn't understood a logic that when someone is using WiFi why does this phone asks us to TURN ON Mobile Data, otherwise it doesn't work on the net services. 

It is Disappointing that a Company like Nokia has this kind of a defect in their software. If this is not fixed soon then I am going to take this further.

Registered Member
Ushankar

I am also experiencing the same issue on my Asha 311. I have tried by deleting all mobile data profiles.Now apps like Nokia Store are not all opening...

Nokia..Are you listening...

Registered Member
tapau

just bought 311 & dissapointed with mobile data issues, **bleep** wit NOKIA guys....didn't they trigger this problem.

Registered Member
tapau

OK guys, i've the solution for this asha 311.

-type *#7780# on your dialler.

*msg "selecting"setting only"will reset...bla..bla...bla

-select Yes/Continue.

*security code.... 12345 (or ur own code)

-restarting

*then u'll c 2.5G from ur provider beside battrey indicator

it's working NOW with mobile data OFF, we can surf through free WiFi w/out any cost.

Registered Member
Ushankar

Thanks dude..It is working..Now I can browse using my WiFi service in Nokia Asha 311...

Mudit_25

Tapau

Still not working man..did the steps,restored to factory settings..chose my wifi connection and though the 2.5G thing does come besides the battery icon but it vanishes quickly and the result is I am left wondering why I chose this phone..

It seems to be a bug for sure..nothing wrong with the hardware and hope nokia is listening to these rising complaints and release a statement and at the same time release a solution for the same..

Registered Member
bittu06254

Even i am facing the same WIFI connection problem...... Even In this android boom I went with ASHA 311.... I still believe that nokia is best....... please nokia please solve this problem as soon as possible......

Mudit_25

Hello guys

Surprisingly,my phone is now working absolutely awesome with wifi...This morning I noticed it recognizing the wifi network and not disconnecting...it stays on till the time I disable wifi,which should be the case!!

Don't know whats the case but I am happy now!!

Contributor
Iqflash

Man, pls tell us the secret to this... WiFi is still not working :smileysad: and there is no update from Nokia. hellllllllllllll.............

Contributor
Iqflash

It's not some kind of magic man, it's still the same, no software update, nothing has been done and it fixed itself automatically... we're not living in the future man.....

This thread is marked as solved, but it isn't yet... what's the problem Nokia, you're marketing the phone a lot and not providing any solution to this problem, last software update was in July and nothing still.....
Registered Member
raajche

thanx dude now i can surf through wifi..... :-)

Advisor
dcpl

the problem that I am facing is that is continuity or sustainibility. For instance if I were to listen to internet radio the transmission is in bits .The buffering seems to take more time than usual.
Is there a solution? Can somebody highlight it if already announced?

thanks