Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

What is this phone restricted code? Can anyone hel...

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

What is this phone restricted code? Can anyone help please?

My nokia phone model is Nokia - 6300 and I have just bought a new sim card to replace an old one but now I cant use my phone cos I dont know what the restricted code is. Please anyone help. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: What is this phone restricted code? Can anyone help please?

[ Edited ]

Looks like your phone is sim locked to the network you purchased it from. Have a look at the link below for instruction on how you can unlock your phone with the restriction code.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=55

Message Edited by cjlim on 03-Jun-2009 02:56 PM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Okay thanks for your help. I appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arroow09

[ Edited ]

goodfar wrote:

My nokia phone model is Nokia - 6300 and I have just bought a new sim card to replace an old one but now I cant use my phone cos I dont know what the restricted code is. Please anyone help. :smileysad:

If your phone is asking for restriction code means it is locked to some service provider.To use it in all networks you need to unlock it..

You can unlock your Nokia 6300 by contacting the service provider.

Moderator's note: We have edited this post. Links that directs to unauthorized websites were removed. 

Please use plain text.