Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Whatsapp for 6303 i classic not supported..

Registered Member
shreyask2411

Whatsapp for 6303 i classic not supported..

I am using 6303 i classic from 3 years. Recently I tried to install Whatsapp in it but it said not supported. Why this happened? As per Nokia it is a S40 series phone then why does it not support? Is there any from which I can install it? Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Re: Whatsapp for 6303 i classic not supported..

Whatsapp only works on newer s40 devices.. Most commonly the Asha series.

The old s40 didn't supported the processes to be run in background which was later improved.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shreyask2411

Yes I agree Nokia is best but can you suggest anything?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Sorry mate.. The bitter truth is it that it can never run. The reason is simple, old S40 never supported any process to be run in background and whatsapp can never run in such an environment.

Still, if you wish, you can try to run it but even if it somehow started up, you'll be required to keep it always open, once closed, it won't be able to interact in background.

Open the following link on your phone and see if your phone allows downloading of this large application packet:
http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/WhatsApp.jad
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tich1972

Re: Whatsapp for 6303 classic not supported..

l am using nokia 6303 classic and can not instal whatsapp. Is there any other means of uploading the software?

Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

@tich1972

For not supported phones have no option. WhatsApp have been written what kind of phones that can be supported at their website.
Niki
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amkhan2349

Do Whatsapp run on Nokia 6303i Classic kindly confirm

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi amkhan2349,

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! :Cool:

WhatsApp is currently not compatible with Nokia 6303i Classic. For the list of compatibles phones, see this link: http://www.whatsapp.com/s40/. Alternatively, check Nokia Store for an application that has the same feature as WhatsApp.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.