Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Who has nokia 701 and WhatsApp ? Please enter

Counsellor
unger123
Accepted Solution

Who has nokia 701 and WhatsApp ? Please enter

I'd like to know if turning 3G off on the nokia 701 (or any nokia belle), and being in an area without wifi - Will whatsapp still work? Because from what I understand, Whatsapp is always connected. Does that mean that Whatsapp will force my phone to connect over 3g EVEN IF I TURNED  3G OFF? 

This question is directed at people running Belle because you have the option to turn 3G off from the notifications menu. Please check that out, turn Wifi and 3g off and let me know if Whatsapp created a data connection, or not? 

I wanna be able to control my data and so I dont want Whatsapp to open my 3g for whatever reason, can i be sure? 

THANKS.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sergent

Re: Who has nokia 701 and WhatsApp ? Please enter

Hi unger123,

Thank you for your post.

It is true that Whatsapp is always sucking data because it delivers message instantly, so it has to be connected at all time. But when you turn off 3G and wifi, Whatsapp should not be able to connect to the internet. Your messages will then get delivered once you reconnect.

Hope this helps, 

Sergent

If my response has helped you in any way, show it by hitting the WHITE STAR... If you don't a MONSTER will come and eat your lunch...
Also hit the Accept as solution button, so OTHERS can benefit from this helpful answer...
DON'T BE SHY...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
unger123

Re: Who has nokia 701 and WhatsApp ? Please enter

Thanks alot thats what I wanted to hear!
Please use plain text.