Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why No Led Torch on ASHA Devices

DJZico

Why No Led Torch on ASHA Devices

Hi Nokia Employees and Staffs I have been wondering why does Nokia Asha devices not have a

LED Torch light its an essential feature where most budget phone users find very useful at times when we need to search for something in the dark as well for photos.

I myself have 2 Phones 1 smartphone and 1 Asha for backup.

Asha 200 is 1 of the best out there in terms of function amd durabillity andBest battery life too

Hope Nokia team will consider on adding an LED Torch on future Asha Devices 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PvtJoker

Re: Why No Led Torch on ASHA Devices

DJZico wrote:

Hi Nokia Employees and Staffs I have been wondering why does Nokia Asha devices not have a

LED Torch light its an essential feature where most budget phone users find very useful at times when we need to search for something in the dark as well for photos.

I myself have 2 Phones 1 smartphone and 1 Asha for backup.

Asha 200 is 1 of the best out there in terms of function amd durabillity andBest battery life too

Hope Nokia team will consider on adding an LED Torch on future Asha Devices 

Thanks

I am not a Nokia employee or staff member, and I don't think you will find engineers responsible for hardware spesifications and features on this forum anyways, but almost certainly the LED flash/torch has been left out of recent Asha devices because of cost reasons. The cost of a single LED might be small on itself, but on the whole the Ashas are devices with really slim profit margins, so every component matters for the Bill Of Materials (BOM).

I personally agree with you that at least the higher end Ashas (i.e. 311, 303 and 302) should have a LED flash for better photography, but unfortunately Nokia has decided otherwise. Probably they have done some market research which indicates that a LED flash is not considered an essential feature for the majority of users of this type of phones, so they have left it out to keep the prices competitive.

Mobile phones: 3310, 3510i¹
Smartphones: N70¹, N82, E50¹, 6220 Classic¹, 6710s Navigator¹,X6-00, N97 mini¹, 700¹, Asha 311¹
In the family: C2-01¹, Asha 303¹
¹ Still in working condition
Please use plain text.