Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Will an android device come by Nokia?

Advisor
Magamaruva
Accepted Solution

Will an android device come by Nokia?

When will an android device with dual sim come?
Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

There's no Nokia Android phones, not even one.

I however, can't tell if Nokia will release an Android phone but that seems very unlikely to happen.

If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

[ Edited ]

Hi Magamaruva,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum!

Nokia supports S40, S60, Symbian and Windows as an operating system. Android is not supported.

We do have several Dual SIM devices available such as the Asha 202 and Asha 305, please have a look at your local Nokia web page to see which Dual SIM devices are sold in your country.

Hope this clears things up.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

thnx for ur solutions. Does asha 305 supports applications like in android phones? What is its' platform?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Have a look here for all available applications for the Asha 305. Don't forget to set your device in the left top corner first. 

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

what is its' os? is it Symbia S60 or S40?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

The Asha 305 runs on Symbian S40.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

is it better than s60?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have a look at the difference here ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

yeah i got it. does it has a touch pen? or is it working only for finger touch?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

Does Nokia Asha 503 has a touch pen or it only work for finger touch?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Hi Magamaruva,

For any further detailed information, please contact your local Care line instead. You can also have a look at the Asha 305 specifications page.

Iris9290

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

thnx
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Magamaruva

I have a samsung Champ DUOS. I wish to sell it and to buy a nokia asha 305. Is it a good decision. I cannot get a idea about that. That's why i asked from you. Please help me.
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

I have to clarify that the Asha 305 uses Series 40 platform (which is based on Nokia OS, and has nothing to do with Symbian). And the device is capable of running Java (J2ME) applications and Series 40 Web Apps.

You can also refer to this page for details extra details, in addition to the Nokia.com specs page that was mentioned earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
srirsh

It works with stylus other than finger touch though Nokia do not provide a touch pen / stylus. Touch screen works faster & better compared to Nokia 5800 as per my experience.

Please use plain text.
knaresh

Why don't nokia release an android phone ??? 
The android market is rising day by day, and very few people prefer windows os.. ..
Realease atleast one mobile with android and you will the growth in nokia which was earlier .. .. 

Please please please.. nokia.. release an android phoneeeeeee...

thank you.... 

Please use plain text.
Professor
JackMerson

@knaresh
I don't agree. I mean, what's the use if a phone has a lot of apps but not giving as much experience as Windows Phone? I prefer the Series 40 and Windows Phone than Android.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Arindam5

Windows phones are boring, no customization, lack of apps, bad web browsing. So, Nokia go with android.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

They are for the people who don't wanna keep playing with it and continuing to mess with custom ROMs, Rooting or whatever. Otherwise, WindowsPhone has enough customization options that a regular user needs.

But that's seriously not for little kids who want to play with the phone and show others.. "Hey I've got a new ROM flashed onto my phone." "Hey! i installed ICS on my old **bleep** phone."
Serious persons who have other things to do in life will prefer a Windows Phone over Android. Anyways, no point denying that Nokia could join the league of Linux based OS and please the OpenSource fans, but that shouldn't be Android. Ubuntu or Sailfish please :smileywink:
Please use plain text.