Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

antivirus for nokia asha 311

Registered Member
raj_poot

antivirus for nokia asha 311

dm
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: antivirus for nokia asha 311

You do NOT need any AV for your device..

Refer THIS

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

y?virus is already attacked my device
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Y ? What happened ? ..and how do you know it was due to Virus ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

cuz my device is automatically switched off n can u tel me from where i can download antivirus for my nokia asha 311
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Thats only a part of the question answered.. (i.e. What happened ?) .. 

..How do you know it was because of Virus.. ? 

Did you refer the link in Message 2 above. ? Still advising you NOT to bother about it ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Farby is correct. i would suggest checking via Nokia Suite on your PC if there are any firmware updates, and if there are any, to update to the latest version offered. failing that, you can try re-installing your current firmware thru Nokia Suite and if that doesn't work, then to Restore to factory settings.

Failing the above, you will need to take your phone to Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

thnx guys
Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

hai guyz prblm occured yest my nokia asha 311was switched off automatically n m gone to nokia care dey said to update if it will be updated den da device will be dead.so dey didnt updated n when i reached at home m gone to restore factory setting n selected restoe all.so iz der any prblm
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

[ Edited ]

Restoring all deletes all the internal phone data and makes your phone brand new as you bought new!

Before any restoring all/software update or reinstall, it is always advisable to backup important data like contacts, notes etc.

If your phone is still restarting, then delete the last application which might be causing the problem.

Download only trusted java apps/games. Nokia store is recommended.

Hope this helps.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

stil u r saying my device doesnt require antivirus?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

The causes for device to switch OFF automatically..may be 

1. Battery going flat

2. Faulty SIM

3. Corrupted Memory card

4. Software issue

5. Hardware issue 

..So first confirm that the phone is not switching OFF because the Battery has already run down...    Next, remove both SIM and Memory Card and check if the same happens without them. Next, try with only SIM inserted and then with only Memory card inserted to see if one of these is causing it. If you find SIM to be the problem, try another SIM ( may be you can borrow from your friends / family members ) ..and if that works fine get your SIM replaced. If its the MC, back-up the data from it on to your PC and Format the MC. 

The phone can't go dead due to Update as wrongly informed by Nokia Care. Otherwise why will updates be released and so many user do it thru' Nokia Suite / FOTA if available !!! If you have another Nokia Care in your area see whether they say the same thing ..

..and finally ..YES, still the answer is.. Your device does NOT require Anti Virus

Please use plain text.
Professor
satyam384

@paramashivam  :

Even after the experts answers you are still asking whether your phone requires antivirus !!!!!!

Just go to nokia care and ask them whether your phone requires antivirus,then you will believe i think so !!

(My personal experiece regarding asha 311 is " it restarts because of a corrupted MEMORY CARD",):smileyhappy:

And i repeat the same "java phones don't require antivirus"

Please use plain text.
Advisor
paramashivam

thnx for u r advice
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Please use plain text.