Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

bluetooth bad files

Registered Member

bluetooth bad files

i have been sent a file through the bluetooth on my 6630 which has rendered my bluetooth unauseable.

this file is CARBIE and i do not no what it is.

all i know is as soon as i turn my bluetooth on this file is automaticaly sent to anyone with the bluetooth activated.

i have tryed to remove this from my phone but cant seem to find it anywhere.

please be careful as i am unsure wot this file is.
Please use plain text.
Sage
wicker_man

Re: bluetooth bad files

Hi Catherine,

seems your phone has caught a mobile virus.

I suppose the only fix is to take it to a repair center and have them fix it up for you.

Or could there be some anti-virus software that removes it?

There's some information on viruses at the Nokia Security website:
http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,76523,00.html
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Caribe information (including removal tools) also on the F-secure pages: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/c.shtml
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I too have a bad file called CARIBE affecting the performance of my nokia 6600 unfortunately i am unable to get to a repair centre. If you enter CARIBE.NET onto ask.co search it brings up quite a bit of info on this virus.
Good Luck, Im still trying!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

dialling *#7370# will remove the virus but this will delete all other data from your phone memory
Please use plain text.