Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

email client in x2-02

konsole1

email client in x2-02

I am having nokia x2-02. I used the email client to loin to gmail. It is clear that Nokia accesses my gmail account from a US server. This must be made clear while signing in that my password is stored my Nokia. Why is Nokia not storing the password inside the device? why is it being accessed from server in US.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Re: email client in x2-02

konsole1, Nokia is using a proxy server Oz to reduce the size of the messages (and their attachments). Furthermore, this proxy server allows to fix and catch the various flaws and limitations of the various implementations out there. Consequently, the mail client on the phone can be trimmed down. And the proxy can be upgraded without bothering you.

Anyway, because of this US’ IP address thing, I do not use that email client at all.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shas2000

Ya...you are true.

I tried to use Gmail for mobile APP from Google INC.

First I tried 1.5 version. My imbox is opening. But Centre key mapped to "menu". So I can't  open mails. But I can use 3 for "mark as unread" and 7 for ("delete").

Then I trid Gmail APP 2.6. But when taking the APP follwing message is coming

"Please be patient Gmail loads for frist time". But nothing happened.  I wai for around 3 hours. nothing happened.

But it was working smoothly on my Nokia c2-02 and all Noka Phones I used earlier

Main issue is after coming of ANDROID Google is not  creating Symbian APPS I think. Before 2 years when we type "Gmail.com" in phones browser approriate APP downlad link will come on browser. These day nothing happeing when trying gmail.com.

But NOKIA can do one thing that buy Gmail 2.6 from Google INC and install on their symbian phones. Gmail for Mobile APP is a marvellous one we can check mails fastly. Just click 1 for search, 3 for mark as read, 7 for delete, 5 for compose..We can check mail faster than an Android APP.

I searched on OVI Store but got an APP from Yahoo INC for Yahoo mail and working marvellously

Same that dear Nokia please provide Gmail APP from Google INC on your OVI Store. 

Your current Email system is very very worst, slow and showing Java errors. Why you wasting maney by developing your own APPS. Just make available it from Their own vendors.

Please understand one more thing more than 70% people still using Keypad phones becuase simplicy, speed and battery life.

So please act.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

It is the job of Google to go for the Nokia Store and offer their app. Unfortunately, Google dropped Java support several years ago, just to remove all its own Java MIDlets from their webpage last year. Nokia did not support those Google apps very much either. However, removing the non-Android support at all, is not very nice either from Google. Consequently, both are to blame!

Shas2000 wrote:

it was working smoothly on my Nokia c2-02 and all Noka Phones I used earlier

Does it still work on your Nokia C2-02?

Please use plain text.