Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

error in connection - nokia 6233

Registered Member

error in connection - nokia 6233

[ Edited ]
I have a nokia 6233, sent it away because keypad wasn't working but now i have replacement, i am not able to make calls or send messages. Phone is a contract phone and sim works in other phones, just wondering is there a setting on the phone that would fix this? any suggestions would be helpful

Message Edited by star10 on 01-Sep-200712:58 PM

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: error in connection - nokia 6233

Hiya

We have been having the ERROR IN CONNECTION problem for nearly 8 months now, AAPT blames Nokia, Nokia says nothing wrong with the phone. It has been into the sevice centre this week and still not working, I am going in tomorrow to get it looked at AGAIN. We upgraded to 6103 in Jan and almost immediately had problems, we have had new sims and a new handset sent and still getting same message.

If I find anythign out from tomorrow will let you know but by doing a "GOOGLE" search on the term Error in Connection is would seem that this is an ongoing problem with the Nokia phone going back at least 3 yrs.

It is very frustrating and if its not fixed, you will hear me from where you are!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

[ Edited ]
Hi yes i had this problem for a week, but ive sorted it out
its an easy fix but no one nos how to fix it.go to settings
then phone then network mode it will be set to dual network
change it to gsm wow thats it your done

Message Edited by spacedust on 03-Nov-200711:26 PM

Please use plain text.

I have the same problem, the phone was set to "dual network", I changed it to GSM but it has made no difference, it still has the same error.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The previous posting from Alexx did not fix my problem but put me on the right track. In my phone's settings, there is a section called "Line for outgoing Calls" It was set on Line 2, not sure why. Changing it to Line 1 solved the "error in connection" issue.
My phone is a 2760, not a 6233. Same difference.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, I too faced the same problem. It got fixed when I used the option "Restore Settings Only"  under "Restore Factory Settings" in the "settings" option.Please remember that this will clear the "Log" file, which means, the missed calls list,recently dialled list,calls received list etc will be erased. Rest of the data remains intact (like Phone book etc) . Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sunzeal

Restore Settings don't work for me.

I did Hard Reset, but still same connection error.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nemo391

worked for me. thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
James9753

error in connection - nokia

I'm having this problem now and none of the solutions I've tried have worked. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Please use plain text.