Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

error: "certificate not on phone or sim" but just ...

Registered Member

error: "certificate not on phone or sim" but just installed it! (2760)

Hi,

when I try to download the signed or unsigned (!) version from wap.gcalsync.com, I get an error:

"certificate not on phone or sim"

So I downloaded the certificate from

gcalsync.mobi/ca

But I still get the above error when I try to download again.

When I check my certificates in the security settings, I can see the required certificate "Class 3 Public Primary Certificate" is indeed installed. However, I can not tick the box in order to use it for App. Signing.

Maybe that's why the link still does not work?

If so, how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Hans

Please use plain text.
void_void

Re: error: "certificate not on phone or sim" but just installed it! (2760)

i have the same problem.

if you got the solution please post it..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jay_parker

There are three kinds of certificates: 1. Server certificates - Used by the phone to create a connection with improved security to the content server. The phone receives the server certificate from the service provider before the connection is established, and its validity is checked using the authority certificates saved in the phone. Server certificates are not saved. The Security icon is displayed during a connection if the data transmission between the phone and the content server is encrypted. The Security icon does not indicate that the data transmission between the gateway and the content server (or place where the requested resource is stored) is secure. The service provider secures the data transmission between the gateway and the content server. 2. Authority certificates - Used by some services, such as banking services, for checking the validity of other certificates. Authority certificates can either be saved in the security module by the service provider, or they can be downloaded from the network if the service supports the use of authority certificates. 3. User certificates - Issued to users by a Certifying Authority. User certificates are required, for example, to create a digital signature and they associate the user with a specific private key in a security module. Important: Even if the use of certificates makes the risks involved in remote connections and software installation considerably smaller, they must be used correctly in order to benefit from increased security. The existence of a certificate does not offer any protection by itself; the certificate manager must contain correct, authentic, or trusted certificates for increased security to be available. Certificates have a restricted lifetime. If Expired certificate or Certificate not valid yet is shown even if the certificate should be valid, check that the current date and time in your device are correct. Before changing any certificate settings, you must make sure that you really trust the owner of the certificate and that the certificate really belongs to the listed owner. Digital signature You can make digital signatures with your phone if your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card has a security module. The signature can be traced back to you by the private key on the security module and the user certificate that was used to perform the signature. Using the digital signature can be the same as signing your name to a paper bill, contract, or other document. To make a digital signature, select a link on a page, such as the title of the book that you want to buy and its price. The text to sign (possibly including amount, date, etc.) will be shown. Check that the header text is Read and that the Digital signature icon is shown. Note: If the Digital signature icon does not appear, there is a security breach, and you should not enter any personal data such as your signing Personal Identification Number (PIN). To sign the text, read all of the text first, and then you can select Sign. The text may not fit within a single screen. Therefore, make sure to scroll through and read all of the text before signing. Select the user certificate you want to use. Key in the signing PIN, and select OK. The Digital signature icon will disappear, and the service may display a confirmation of your purchase. If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Mikiey

Very important and useful information.
Thanks
Please use plain text.