Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

first time mobile owner of asha 300

Registered Member
junosmum
Accepted Solution

first time mobile owner of asha 300

I have never had a mobile phone before and would like to know how to get pictures and videos from the phone onto my computer.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Re: first time mobile owner of asha 300

If you just want to get the pictures & videos off the phone to the computer then connect the phone with a usb cable to the computer. When you will connect it 3 options come up- Nokia Suite, Media transfer & data storage. Select data storage mode then you will be able to use the memory card as a pen drive & will be able to transfer data between phone & pc. If u wish to back up your contact, messages & other items of the phone then download the nokia suite from nokia website & connect in pc suite mode. Then you will be able to back them up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
junosmum

The phone came with a charger and head set, no usb cable where would I get one of these (cheaply), sorry to be so thick but I've never had a mobile before and I'm a bit of a techno phobe
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi junosmum, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the forums!

You'll need an USB cable to connect the phone to your PC, Nokia Asha 300 uses CA-101 cable. Any authorised Nokia reseller should have Nokia CA-101 cables on sale.

Alternatively you could use Bluetooth to connect to your PC, please see this page for more information on how it's done.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If your PC is Bluetooth enabled (or if you have a USB Bluetooth Dongle) simply connect the phone to PC thru' it.. Open Windows Explorer and after clicking on the Phone icon.. browse for the files in Phone Memory or the Memory Card... Then Copy - Paste to desired location on your PC ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Or you can take out the memory card, put it in a card reader & connect it to a PC. If you have a laptop then the micro-SD to SD adapter will work fine, comes cheap (RS 20 INR).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
MiMobile

How do I post a new question in this discussion?  I can only see existing threads!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

MiMobile wrote:

How do I post a new question in this discussion?  I can only see existing threads!

Refer the 2 Attachments ..

Please use plain text.