Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

help with restriction code

Accepted Solution

help with restriction code

i have just got a new t mobile sin card but when i put it in it is saying enter restriction code but i dont know what it means.the phone is a 6230i what was a old contract phone that i have had for about 2 years.the phone has not been on in over a year.please help cheers
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: help with restriction code

Your phone is probably sim locked to your previous network. Since your contract is over you should contact me for the code to unrestrict your phone so you can use sim cards from other networks with it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Actually cjlim meant contact them (your old operator) not him :smileyhappy:

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Oops, typo.. :smileyhappy:

Since it is a 6230i, I may be able to help you if you PM me. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.

how do u pm some one?i am new to this site sorry.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Click on my name and then follow instruction on the next screen.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Once you get the code, you can enter it as follows:

Enter the 15 digit Network Unlock Code as follows:

#pw+ followed by the 15-digit unlock code then +1#

For example: #pw+123456789012345+1#

The keypad will only allow you to enter numeric digits.

To enter p, press the * (star) key three times.

To enter w, press the * (star) key four times.

To enter +, press the * (star) key two times.

5. The phone will display ?Phone restriction off?. The handset is now unlocked.

Please use plain text.

cheers mate u are a star.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I presume that means it worked. Well done. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

cheers
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: help with restriction code 3320

i can't get my 3320 to work due to restriction code. I have the same provider. just don't have security code
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Which one is it you don't have, the restriction code or the security code? I think it has been made abundantly clear in this topic that only your operator can help with the restriction code.

If you've lost the lock code and it isn't the default 12345 then you'll have to take your phone and proof of ownership along to a Nokia Care Point for then to reset the code. Back your data up as this might entail wiping the phone's entire memory clean.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thanks, i will do that
Please use plain text.
seedysudo

hey I broke my phone recently so i dug out an old one, its a Nokia 6085. When i put my old sim in it tells me the phone is restricted and to enter a restriction code but I don't know the restriction code.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sounds like the Phone was Network locked..You will have to contact the Operator with which it was locked to get the Restriction code.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pats56

i have the same problem. How do i get the restriction code?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

please see this post

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arroow09

[ Edited ]

wing wrote:
i have just got a new t mobile sin card but when i put it in it is saying enter restriction code but i dont know what it means.the phone is a 6230i what was a old contract phone that i have had for about 2 years.the phone has not been on in over a year.please help cheers

If your Nokia 6230i is asking for restriction code means it is still locked to the service provider you were using before..So to use it in all networks you need to unlock it...

Unlocking can be done by contacting the service provider...

Moderator's Note: Part of the message referring to third party unlocking website/services was edited out. Such procedure is not advised.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
giuletta1

Hi can you help me unlock a Nokia 2730 classic so I can give to my son?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

This is to be able to use the phone to another Service Provider. Is this right, Giuletta1? If yes, you have to contact the Network Operator in which the phone is tied up with. They are the ones who can legally provide the unlock code of the phone.

You may refer to grschinon's post above (Message 12 of 20) if you are referring to the security code of the phone.
Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.