Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

how to insert our own certificate in s40 phones?

Advisor
ahmad_dar

how to insert our own certificate in s40 phones?

hey someone know how can we put our certificates in nokia s40 models? i'm using nokia 110 can some one tell me?

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: how to insert our own certificate in s40 phones?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahmad_dar

nope man i mean i created a certificate for my own app and that app only runs with mine certificate soo how can i install this to a mobile?
Please use plain text.
Professor

no idea, haven't played with certificates - why do you need own certificate ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ahmad_dar

i'm a developer thats y i created my app to run with certificate on s40 devices and also u are wondering y i need a certificate man its for the protection of my app :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thopey

I request to my s40 phone...
Certificate for my phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Phones like 2700c and old phones supported such kind of adding our own certificate or some kind of created certificate using hack softwares and signing the java app with custom cert file in the PC.

But it is not possible to use the method using new phones.

Anyhow, we shouldnot discuss such hacking in this forum cause such methods may cause problems or permanent damge to the phone.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.