Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: how to remove pre loaded applications in nokia...

Contributor
ANUSREEKAILASAM

how to remove pre loaded applications in nokia asho 501

How to remove preloaded applications in nokia asha 501 dual sim?is there any update for that?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Sijin

Re: how to remove pre loaded applications in nokia asho 501

It is better to have a google search about it... you will find a way.........

Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

ANUSREEKAILASAM wrote:

How to remove preloaded applications in nokia asha 501 dual sim?is there any update for that?

There won't be any update for that, although a lot of applications are preinstalled upon the memory card.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AbhayK

[ Edited ]

I have tried one method by Re-installing same apps but it won't solve the issue atleast in Asha 501 where it checks previous installments.

I also need these unnecessary apps uninstalled and on the web most methods are for previous Asha series phones that may not work with new software platform fo Asha 501.

You can also check Nokia Developer bugs for Asha 501 Dual SIM and post this issue for them to help out. A lot of good bugs reported here.

I find the ROM method has been pointed here a lot of times but due to forum restrictions no one detailed it step-by-step.

Any one kind enough please let me know the steps (but in "detailed notes" since no knowledge about these techno stuff) to remove these apps via ROM and extracting them from the memory

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

AbhayK, the Nokia Developer section is about supporting developers, not end-users. Furthermore there, the bug-reporting section is unmonitored since Q3/2012. Unfortuantely, the steps for Series 40 might not work with the new Asha software platform. Looking at the Nokia 501 emulator, which exposures its file structure because it is an emulator, it looks very similar to Series 40. We have to wait and see.

If you are impatient, you could try to patch MobiMB to add your model code (RM-899, RM-900, and RM-902). Install the Connectivity Cable Driver. And perhaps you have luck …

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AbhayK

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

[ Edited ]

AbhayK wrote:

urprising that bug-reporting section is inactive 

Developers can buy tickets which work for bug-reporting as well. Furthermore, reporting this does not help because Nokia should be aware of this issue since the year 2007. Back then, Nokia started to include 3rd party app which cannot be uninstalled. Samsung even does such things in Android. Not sure what or who forces our manufactures to such crazy things. From my point of view this behaviour is insane. If they have not learned till today, they have their reasons.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi ANUSREEKAILASAM,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

The pre-installed applications are integrated with the software of the phone; thus, they are fixed and cannot be removed.

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

The basic reason for doing this is to enlarge the specs sheet. They're able to add some pros like one click Facebook and Nimbuzz access or free popular games, and anything like that.
Over everything i don't know why they're protected and can't be uninstalled. This didn't used to happen earlier and in old days apps like Nokia Money were independent of installation and uninstallation too.

A MobiMB Patch is not yet available for the 501 and chances are it won't be made anytime soon. ROM method will not work, just because Nokia 501 has its ROMs built in different format (New ROFS) than what Nokia previously used. This makes it hard to be extracted by any old software. Third party customizations for Nokia phones have almost ended since android catched up and no new softwares were made.

For now, there's nothing that can be done.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pekka1980

I just unboxed my Asha 501 and this is a huge disappointment. I can't clean my own home screen from garbage like the demo version of Assassin's Creed? Seriously? 

I'm on the verge of returning the device, which otherwise is perfect for me.

Please use plain text.